Chapter Six

Derrell

I opened my eyes. The room was dark; I had no idea where I was. My eye throbbed and my face was sore. I swallowed hard and tried to get up, but something was stopping me, some kind of rope. I then realised I was tied to a wooden chair. The room was empty; it was just me and this chair, and one set of small drawers. I was scared. I didn’t even know why I was here. I knew for sure this wasn't home; I was somewhere else, somewhere different. I could barely move my legs. What's going on? What did I do wrong? Where was everyone? Dean, Taylor, Renae, Kim...mum! I was the only one here and I didn't know why. My throat was sore, and my head was throbbing like crazy. 

"H-help..." I said. It was still quiet, I cleared my throat. "Help...s-someone... Someone please! Help me!" I tried breaking free of the rope but it was tied real tight. I began to cry. Was I on punishment? Why was I even here! "Help!"

The door opened and I sniffed. A head poked through; it was a girl. I couldn't see her properly; it was so dark I couldn't see anything. She watched me without saying anything and didn't even move. I tried struggling free.

"Please, untie me, where's my mum?!" She covered her mouth and watched me with wide eyes. "Why am I here?" 

"I...I don't know," she said quietly.

"MUM! DEAN! HELP ME!"

The door opened wider and a big scary guy stepped through. "You're finally awake," he said in a creepy voice. The girl looked up at him and he smiled then turned to her. "Come, let Marik deal wid him."

"But he's crying. What has he done?" 

"Shh." He pulled her out the room and closed the door. I cried and tried twisting my wrist around. Kim taught me about rotation and something called pivots. I needed to do something, I can't stay here. My wrists were hurting so much, I don't know who put me here but they tied me in a freakish way. I sniffed and moved about on the chair. 

"Think..." I whispered to myself. I remember taking Dean’s pocket knife out his draw the other day, but that was back at home. Then I realised my phone was in my pocket. I bent my head down and tried to reach for my trouser pocket. I couldn't bend low enough, it was too hard. The door opened and another big scary guy stood there wearing a cap dressed in all black. He looked like Batman. He went into his pocket and took out a phone...my phone. He smiled as he held it up. 

"Looking for this?" he asked quietly.

My eyes were stinging from the tears. "Give it back!"

He laughed and closed the door behind him then came closer and bent down infront of me. We were face to face, his eyes stared into mine. He didn’t look friendly. "Tryna get rude, D?"

I scrunched up my face at him. "You don't scare me." He laughed and dropped my phone on the floor. "Give it!" 

"Shut up." I sniffed. He stared at me, just like Dean used to when I would take his stuff, but this guy looks like a killer. "I wanna talk to you." 

"My brother's gonna come and get me, and he's gonna beat you up," I said angrily.

He started laughing. "Deano knows wagwaan. He'll stay where he fucking is, in fact that's who I wanna talk to you about, Derrell." 

"How do you know my name?" I blinked. 

"I know a lot of things about you. When did Dean get home?" 

"Like I would tell you." He grabbed my face and squeezed it. I tried to bite his finger but he moved. 

"Don't fucking get fresh wid me lil man. Might have to knock you down a peg, you're just like your brother."