Part II

There wasn't much to unpack in terms of furniture and boxes. The real struggle came from sorting out their clothes and the amount of closet space they were given. Newt claimed the dresser as his own, his excusing being he had gotten their first. He meticulously folded his clothes into nice little squares that would make any clothing store associate jealous and placed them gingerly into the drawer.

Thomas set up a few collapsible cubicles on each side of the closet, a part of him disappointed with having to share with Minho of all people. He could be neat all he wanted, but he couldn't fool himself. Their closet would be a war zone in only a few weeks' time, he was sure.

By the time he was done setting up the closet and had most of his clothes hanging, Newt was already sorting out Minho's clothes in categories: sleepwear, daywear, socks and tighty-whities. The brunet couldn't help but snicker.

He always knew his boyfriend was a neat freak. It wasn't quite on the level of being unbearable, at least he hoped it wouldn't be, but he never knew it extended to their own items too.

"He's just going to mess it up, you know."

Newt shrugged. He carefully folded white briefs into the underwear pile. "It keeps me calm."

Thomas frowned, concerned again. "What are you nervous about, Newt?"

The new school year had barely even started. What could already have gotten the blond boy worried so soon?

"Nothin' really," he muttered. He folded another pair of boxers and set them down on top of another pile. "Mostly thinking about what you said earlier. Or what you didn't say." Newt set the last piece of clothing down and turned to Thomas, eyes swimming in worry. "We never got a chance to talk about it during the summer-what with you and Minho helping me get my life back together after the hospital-and then there was preparing for school again, but now there's nothing keeping us distracted. I just wanted to let you know, if you have a problem Tommy, you can always talk to me about it. And I mean, a problem with us, this relationship. You, me and Minho. It's new to you, hell, it's new to us, but we care about you and we want you to be happy. So if there's anything, don't be afraid to ask." Newt's expression was hopeful and pleading. Thomas didn't have the heart to open his mouth.

He didn't have a problem. Not truly. He only had questions, a lot of them, but he felt stupid thinking about it let alone asking them.

Thomas shook his head. He gave Newt an appreciative smile and said, "Thanks for the offer Newt, but I'll be alright. You guys just keep doing what you normally do. If something bothers me, I'll let you know."

Newt didn't seem satisfied with that response. He appeared to want to fight it and Thomas would let him, but to his surprise, Newt dropped the subject. He turned back to the newly folded clothes and set out to put them away on Minho's behalf, even if that meant some of his daywear clothes had to be unfolded for the hanger.

Thomas chose to set up their game system in the meanwhile.