Part V

After they sorted out their books and groceries, and Minho wrapped his head around the possibilities that Thomas could be allergic to a large assortment of things—

("Maybe that's why you couldn't get it up last night, you're probably allergic to that brand."

"Minho!"

"That's not how allergies work, Min.")

—they spent the rest of the day in the company of friends. The boys met up with Alby, Aris, and Teresa, who had brought along Rachel, Harriet and Sonya, for one last round of fun before the hustle and bustle of Monday started.

They went out for drinks; ordered food at a restaurant they could all afford—most definitely the last time they would be able to—and laughed their day away. They barely made it back in time for curfew, before the gates closed off for the night and the only way in was by waking up the head security guard or the Dean. Both options were unpleasant, really.

Thomas claimed the bottom bunk as his bed that night. Minho climbed the top while Newt re-claimed the single twin bed he had sat in the day previously. Minho had tried to tempt both boys on another amorous adventure, but the slight buzz of alcohol and their full, content stomachs made both him and Newt far too sleepy for anything strenuous.

They were all asleep before they knew it.

He woke with a start that following morning, his body sore from a bad sleeping position and his stomach growling for food

He woke with a start that following morning, his body sore from a bad sleeping position and his stomach growling for food. He stretched the full length of his bed, catching the sweet melody of the morning birds just outside their window and the eerie silence of an empty dorm hallway. Thomas stilled mid-stretch.

He jerked upright, whipped his head to the bed across from his; Newt's sheets were neatly made, pressed down to near perfection as Newt always did. He didn't hear Minho's snoring or see the muscular, tanned arm hanging down the side like he expected it would.

With trepidation, he turned to the clock Newt had hung up on the wall. It read 9:30 in the morning.

"SHIT!"

The first day of school and he was already late for class.