Part XV

Gally dropped off books at their dorm later that day. He went through each of them, explaining their specialties, marked off chapters he felt would help them the best then told them to return the books once they were well versed in the ways of aftercare. Thomas didn't have the heart told tell him they wouldn't need the books, especially since personal time for such activities would no longer be available, but Newt took the books the moment Gally brought them in.

"Thank you Gally. If I had known, I'd have come to you sooner."

"Yeah well," the younger male rubbed his neck modestly, taken aback by Newt's genuine praise. He mumbled a response, punched Thomas on the arm for normalcy then hurried out of the dorm before Minho could retaliate.

Thomas rubbed his bicep, a small smile on his lips.

He made Newt and Minho take their studies seriously

He made Newt and Minho take their studies seriously. Janson's assignments were the same as ever; they were unnecessarily long, tedious and cruelly tricky. Thomas kept his promise in tutoring them. He helped out whenever they got stuck and checked over their homework three times before giving them the pass.

He kept an eye on Janson's reactions when they turned in their assignments. Thomas tore the skin on his lower lip absentmindedly, watching their professor skim through Newt's assignments with precision – no doubt on the search for anything amiss. Thomas allowed himself a fleeting moment of complacency. This assignment should be graded higher than Newt's average. Thomas triple checked everything his boyfriend did, and yet, he couldn't fight the irritation of knowing Janson would find absolutely anything to take points off.

Janson didn't say a word about the assignments throughout their class period. And as they packed up to go, he didn't call them to stay behind.

Thomas took that as a sign of victory.

He joined them in the hall, heaving a sigh of relief once they were far enough away from the classroom and their professor's prying eyes.

"Did you see the look on that shanks face? He looked so impressed with Newt's work like Newt doesn't pour his heart and soul into everything Rat Man gives him." Minho scoffed. "I bet he probably thinks we're cheating off of Thomas! Because there's "no way" Newt could possibly do well on homework on his own." The runner rolled his eyes, his expression contorting into disgust.

Thomas gnawed at his bottom lip, ignoring the worried glance Newt sent his way. "I'm really sorry guys. If I hadn't said anything about us dating – "

"It's not your fault Tommy." Newt consoled, rubbing the younger male's shoulder affectionately. "Rat Man's being a git. His concern on what we do on our free time is unacceptable and an invasion of privacy."

"And the dickest move in the history of assholedom." Minho grumbled. "He's a shucking shuck faced shucked shank."

The duo chuckled.