Part XVIII

They were ready for their exams. Despite the sickness still lingering in his veins, and the medicine that kept him from keeling over a second time – even if it made him drowsy and listless for a good few hours – Thomas felt he, Newt and Minho were ready to finally take down Janson's stupid English Final. And once they were done, regardless if they still had left over exams, they were celebrating with the gang through movies, food, video games and probably – definitely – booze.

It was the only thing that kept the three of them going the last few days.

Janson had them separated during their examination, not that it surprised them

Janson had them separated during their examination, not that it surprised them. He kept Thomas in the front row, blue eyes peering down at the boy as he worked. Minho sat in the far back with Gally while Newt had been positioned somewhere in the middle, away from them all but still within Janson's line of sight. Thomas made sure he didn't glance back during the examination. He didn't want to risk getting them into trouble just because he was curious about their well-being.

(How difficult it was to keep himself from checking. His leg bounced like a madman during the silence, the only thing running through his head were worst-case scenarios in which Janson could do whatever he pleased just to toss his boyfriends out of the room.)

Forty-five minutes later, Thomas was out the door. He ignored making eye contact with either of his boyfriends on his way out. Though, he did find the time to give Gally a smug smirk before dodging the boy's attempt in tripping him. (A part of him hoped Janson had seen, if only to get Gally into trouble, but another part hoped he hadn't. He wanted to embarrass the guy, not kick him out.)

He didn't breathe a sigh of relief until he was far enough away from the classroom and even then, his mind thought back to Newt and Minho.

"Thank god that's all over," Teresa sighed. She sunk into the lobby couch, her backpack slung lazily around her shoulder. Aris maneuvered their books around, making space for the rest of the gang that poured into the quiet lounge.

Minho collapsed next to Thomas, having finally escaped the last of his finals and proceeded to nuzzle his nose into the brunet's neck like a neglected puppy.