The Shocking Silence

Positive.

You were happy. Dean was happy. Bobby and Sam and almost everyone else was happy.

Happy for the baby. But with Lucifer out of the cage and seeking Sam it had made the situation a lot worse than just a baby inside and the yelling and the arguments got to you worse than the morning sickness.

It spun your head more than a fairground ride and that was why you'd asked - politely - if you could have had the room that Bobby had built underneath, the panic room.

It had been a yes for you to sleep in the panic room.

And you slept in the demon-proof iron room. Months passed by, and after Sam fell into the pit with the other brother, Adam Milligan, Dean hadn't been the same. Your stomach stretched, and you watched silently as the elder Winchester fell to pieces in front of your eyes.

Castiel didn't turn up after that.

Dean got out of that life, and took you away from it all. He had found a small house in California for the pair of you and though he did the sweetest of things to you when you couldn't do them anymore, like open doors and kiss you on the forehead when you weren't expecting it, you knew your boyfriend was hiding his feelings.

You tried your best to be there and open for him, but you knew what the loss of his brother did to him.

The headaches still were around and you didn't say anything about them. Sometimes they got so bad you threw up. And when Dean asked about it you didn't want to trouble him with the idea you were still breaking from the inside out so you kept it hushed.

And eight months in on the pregnancy you decided - Dean was out on business for the company he worked for nowadays - to take a walk. Just down the road.

The day was fading into night and the street was mostly empty and you counted as the streetlights lit up one by one as you slowly strolled. The shocking silence of the world around you made your arms shiver - you wished you'd brought a coat - and then you saw him.

The man who had come to you in your first dream. God.

"These things happen," he spoke up to you, "when you don't stay away from Dean Winchester."

You bit your lip, and winced as you tasted blood. "We're happy," you whispered as the scruffy looking man walked toward you.

"Are you? You're a prophet, ______, and he deserves to know that you're still getting the headaches and visions." You watched him quietly. You'd imagined God to be older, beard a little bit bigger...like Santa Claus sans the red outfit. "And I see you're carrying his child."

You turned to make your way back to the house. "Shouldn't you know by now? You're God."

You heard a laugh, and the crunch of loose tarmac underneath shoes. He had caught up with you. "And you should wake up now."

You turned to ask him what was happening, but found your words to be too slow as his index and middle finger had pressed lightly to your forehead.

And you opened your eyes.