Stay With Me

You stuck by Dean's side like glue, and neither of you were upset about the arrangement. And it came that the events of the dream you saw occurred, just like it had been.

The anticipation, the glances between each other, the sound of Bobby's unsure grumblings, the door opening and the trench coated man stepping through. You watched as the man touched Bobby's face, and the guy fell to the floor. And when the man spoke, announcing he was an angel and took Dean out of hell you gasped.

You didn't want to believe in angels and demons and monsters under the bed and things that went bump in the night. You didn't want to believe in anything, really, except you had to. You killed it every other day, you were a hunter.

"_______," Dean had told you, "stand up. We're leaving."

You agreed. And with the help of Dean, you dragged Bobby out of the warehouse and into the Impala.

Now, a week later you sat by yourself, studying your very badly cared for finely cut and dirty fingernails. You weren't one to care about that sort of thing usually but the sight made you want to just fix them up. You weren't bored, really, just needed to keep your mind off the things of late.

Sam Winchester was acting stranger, hanging out with the demon girl more often.

The angel Castiel kept popping in and out of the Winchester's lives.

And you were mildly worried about your fingernails. And the fact the painful skull splitting headaches hadn't cleared up. Same as the dreams.

You hadn't gone as far as to get a brain scan at a hospital for the fits, but it was tempting to see if what was happening to you had a logical side to it. If.

"You're thinking too hard." The familiar voice of Dean Winchester accused you.

"I'm sure it's a nightmare for all the telepaths," you responded, turning to see the man who cared for you as much as you cared about him. "But I can't stop, Dean, something's going on in here," you tapped your head, "and I don't like it."

He nodded, taking a seat beside you. "I can tell. But it'll be okay."

You frowned. "The world seems to be on the way to the end, angels are appearing from nowhere to give you missions, your brother -," you paused, and kept going on, "I don't think it'll be okay."

Dean gave a laugh. "That's the thing, ______," his green eyes saw into your soul and you melted where you sat. "I didn't say what would be okay. And I mean us. We'll pull through. Count on that."

You nodded.

"You look so adorably cute when you're determined," you broke out a smile, and put your face to his shoulder. "I wouldn't mind if we kissed now, by the way."

You felt Dean chuckle and heard him respond, "I wouldn't mind, either."

You lifted your lips to his, and under your breath, before your lips touched, you whispered, "stay with me."

There wasn't a pause. In that moment all of the pauses in the world vanished into thin air taking the awkward moments alongside it.

You smiled.

To which Dean Winchester responded, "Forever."