Chapter 18 - Calm down, arsenose.

Dedication: I've decide to dedicate this chapter to Xximperfect1. For being really supportive and genially a nice person. Go cheek out her account, and try her book 'Let's play a Game'- it's awesome!

A/N - this is unimportant, but... OMG! Brothers and Sisters by Twin Atlantic, one of the best songs ever. Its amazing. Their Scottish accents are so lovely. You have to listen to it!

* * * * * * * * * *

"The river of Lucem..." I repeated after Anthony.

"Yep. 'Lucem' is Latin for 'Light.' This river is truly beautiful."

Understatement of the year goes to Anthony.

It was about midday and we had been walking no stop. Until now. We had come to this small river. But it was no ordinary river. The crystal clear water shimmered and sparkled off the obsidian pebbles beneath. If this isn't beauty then I don't know what is.

"They say, if you take a pebble from the river, then somehow manage to return that pebble after many years - the river will grant you luck for the rest of your life." Anthony explained.

Wow. That's... powerful.

"But of course, that's just a myth. There's no such thing as luck, just chance." Dawson added.

Wow. That's... upsetting.

"I guess it's worth a shot." Jensen bent down and picked up one if the purple pebbles, before sliding it into his front pocket.

"I guess you're right." I followed in Jensen's footsteps. Yet, I thought I'd be extra safe, by putting the pebble in a zip up pocket inside my backpack.

After me, Aerial smiled and picked up a pebble. She turned to Anthony before putting it in her bag. "Not like we need luck."

"Your right, we already have each other." Anthony said as he placed a small kiss on her head. "But a new motorbike wouldn't hurt."

She tried to look angry at him, but her attempts failed. A sweet smile speed over her lips, followed by her playfully hitting his chest.

He laughed In return, before bending down to pick up a pebble and sliding it into his jean pocket.

I realised then - as I watched them hold each other close, while whispering sweet nothings to one another - that I was jealous of them. I was jealous of the love they had gleaming in their eyes; was jealous of their affection; and mainly of their closeness and want for each other.

I wanted what they had. I wanted it so bad.

Everyone stopped and looked over at Dawson, as we realised he hadn't picked up a pebble yet. What was his problem?

"Dawson...?" Anthony dropped his hands off Aerials waist, then moved to Dawson's side. "Aren't you going to pick one up?"

Dawson's jaw clenched. "No."

I actually had to fight the urge to slap him.

"Luck isn't going to cut it. I'm gunna need a goddaym miracle for what I want." For a brief second Dawson's eyes flickered from the river to me. But what ever he was feeling was gone before it was even shown.

Then he stepped through the river to the other side, without stopping to look back. His body disappeared behind the trees, signalling the end of the conversation.

We all stood quite for a moment. What was with him? Urgh. He was making me so angry.

Jensen was the first to move, he took the same route over the river that Dawson did. Shortly after, he too had disappeared behind the tree line. Anthony gave me an understanding smile before helping Aerial cross the river. I stayed close behind them, trying not to slip.

Another awkward day ahead.

* * * * * * * * * *

Seconds turned into minuets, minuets in to hours. Then before I new it, the sky was dark.

Shortly after my realisation, we stopped by a small clearing. It was only big enough for our 5 one man tents. So that meant - no bonfire or sitting eating our dinner on logs tonight. Woo. Last night wasn't that fun.

I setup my tent as quickly as I could. I wanted to avoid anymore awkwardness. What I did want, was sleep.

I was changed and snuggled up in my blankets, when I herd Jensen making the noise of someone knocking on a door. Oh sweet baby Jesus in a hot dog.

I looked like shit.

"Lizzo, may I come in?"

I quickly ran my fingers through my tangled hair and sat up. "Yeh, come on in."

Jensen didn't hesitate. He unzipped the door, crawled in, then zipped it back up again.

"So you've settled on 'Lizzo'." I couldn't help but find his efforts of a nickname hilarious.

"You love it, shut up." He said while masking his grin.

"So your tent not good enough?"

"My tent is perfect, thanks."

A giggle escaped me. "So you're in here because....?"

"Well I know when in not wanted." He rested a hand on his heart, trying to look hurt by my question.

"No, it's just... oh come on. Seriously, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, turdface. I was just concerned about you."

Aww. Well not 'Aww' at the 'turdface' thing. But at the 'concerned about' me thing.

"You put up your tent so quick. You didn't eat. Annnddd you haven't talked to anyone for hours."

"I just... I'm really tired that's all. I'm sorry if I was being annoying-"

"Don't apologise." Jensen put pulled a small rectangular item out if his pocket. "I know it's not much, but you need to eat." He handed me a bar of chocolate.

I couldn't hold in the dorky grin that took over my face. "Thanks." I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

That smile nearly killed me. It was a real, beautiful, shining smile.

"Thank you so much, douchebutt."

"Calm down, arsenose, it's just chocolate."

Then it hit me. This beautiful boy lounged out in front of me, I wanted him in my life. He was was a trustworthy, genuine, funny, smart boy, and I liked him. He was well... amazing.

"Now get some sleep, smellypits. Looks like you need some beauty sleep." He joked, grinning like a plonker.

He was still amazing.

But he had to go, before he realised how shitty I look.

So I kicked him in the hip for his comment. "Get out, jackass."

While laughing like and idiot, he left the tent. "Have a good night sleep, princess."

"You too, kitchen boy."

He stopped zipping up the tent, leaving it half open. His evil "Mwahahaha..." Faded out as he moved further away.

Now I had to get out of my warm cozy position just to zip the rest of the tent door up. I'd get him back for this.

That evil little cutie of a boy could count on it.