Chapter 2 - Enlighten me.

Mrs Pensiverse's office was gloomier than I remembered. I used to come in here a lot when I was younger. I always had a great difficulty when it came to training my powers. I just wanted to set things alight! But no. That was a hazard for everyone's "safety." Well screw them.

The room was dark. It was furnished in dull dark colours. Dark purple, heavy looking curtains draped over the black framed windows. Little animal bones scattered on each black shelf. One shelf in particular caught my eye. It was a dusty shelf covered in books - really old looking books. I singled one out, it's title was - 'In my mind - the life of a mind reader.' Erm... That's a tad weird.

Mrs Pensiverse cleared her throat. Her attempt to get my attention worked, because I suddenly snapped back into reality. Mrs Pensiverse was sitting across from me. I froze under her deep glare.

From this angle I could totally see how old she was. I should so start calling her 'Mrs Penisface.' Why had I not thought of that before? Her face was covered in wrinkles and it was all saggy and stuff. I silently gaged at the thought of her with a penis as a face. Well it wouldn't really look that different... The bags under her eyes were big and she wore a thin layer of eyeliner above her small but mesmerising eyes. They sparkled the prettiest colour of purple. Eww. What was I thinking? She was anything but pretty.

She shuffled in her chair, "I care not for the way you perceive me, Elizabeth".

Fudge. She had been reading my mind. I should have sensed it. Note to self - learn to block her better. "I'm sorry, Mrs Peni-". Fuck. I cut myself off. I nearly called her Mrs Penisface!

"I care not for your sorry excuse. She insisted. "You are aware of my dislike for you, it is no secret".

'Dislike' - an understatement.

She started to rise from her chair. But I stood quicker forcing her to sit back down.

Why did she have to talk like such a weirdo? Mimicking her I put my hands behind my back and started to talk like she did. "Agreed, it is no secret. Neither is the mutual feeling a secret"

A slight grin began to toy on her lips. "Oh dear Elizabeth, so caught up within oneself, so unaware of the daily news of others".

"Please by all means, enlighten me." I challenged.

"Young Anthony Kidmass has committed discrimination on the whole school - whole town even."

Did I hear her right!?

Anthony? My like-a-big-annoying-brother Anthony? The goodie-two-shoes Anthony?

"Late last night he snuck out - over the wall we presume. He is officially missing."

I couldn't believe this. I wouldn't believe this.

That was not what I expected to hear.

I knew Anthony well and he was a close friend. This didn't sound like something he would do.

Mrs Penisface continued. "This will mean no celebration this year. Anthony's welfare is more important than your party."

"I agree." I confessed, and honestly meaning it.

Her face seemed surprised.

Rude much.

"Your party will be postponed until Anthony's return. You are dismissed Elizabeth. I hope I will not see you here again."

On that note - I left. As quick as I could.

Standing in the hallway, I dwelled on Anthony - Why would Anthony want to leave? Why didn't he tell me? Why? Just why?

The stress was getting to me. Heat surged round my body. I could feel it in my hands. I looked down to see my vain's glowing red. I was so angry and upset. My powers were alive in every fibre of my being, causing my body to hum.

I needed to find a way to release the tension. Out of the corner of my eye, I sighted a small rubbish bin by in the corner. I flicked my hand up towards it. Flames rose from my fingers and shot right into the bin. The paper caught alight instantly.

But I didn't help.

I couldn't hold my powers back forever. If I pent up my emotions, it causes my powers to act without me calling upon them. It had been like that since I was 9.

Then I suddenly realised - I needed to talk to Dawson.