Chapter 6 AKA: Vendetta

You know what I wanted to do? I just wanted to have a simple and relaxed morning. Reading a book that I've already read like a thousand times, drink a refreshing cup of iced tea without being bothered.

But Nooo. Not for me, I can't catch one break.

So here I am with my older brother sitting in the parking garage waiting to "train Scott" as Derek puts it. Which I don't quite get, why do it now after he buys groceries. I mean I get the unprepared thing but it's just weird with the situation.

I'm sitting on the concrete ground leaning against the wall of the parking garage, hidden by the car in front of us. With my arms rested on my knees, I've been quietly humming The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air theme song that has been stuck in my head all morning.

I immediately stop upon hearing the sound of footsteps hitting the garage floor, and grocery bags ruffling from the movement.

The next thing we hear is the beeping of a car. Did he not remember where he parked his car? Ha! That sounds exactly like something stupid I would do.

"Crap!" I hear him whisper yell and a bottle of milk comes rolling out from under the car. Derek grabs it and punctures holes into the side rolling it back under the car where it came.

The milk bottle leaving a few marks of milk each time it rolled. What a waste. Derek made a threatening growl and went after a sprinting Scott.

I follow walking a normal and relaxed pace behind them. I then hear a series of car alarms go off in the distance. Huh, smart Scotty. One point Scott, zero Derek. I tell myself with a smirk.

When the sound of a phone ringing was heard I frowned I roll my eyes. Way to fuck it up, Scott.

"You're dead." I hear Derek scream at Scott over the car alarms. I watch the two.

*********

"What - what the hell was that?!" Scott yells at us still out of breath from the fake life or death situation. He walks closely by my brother and I as we walk back to the car.

"Said I was gonna teach you. I didn't say when." He tells him in a duh tone.

"You scared the crap out of me!" He yells not liking Derek's training methods.

"Not yet." I say with an amused tone and a smirk.

"Okay, but I was fast, right?" Scott asks trying to get a compliment out of his work.

"Not fast enough." He deadpans the poor kid.

"But - but the car alarm thing, that was smart, right?" He asks with a hint of hope in his eyes.

"Till your phone rang." I throw it back in his face.

Scott breaths heavily trying to find an answer. "Yeah, but that was - I mean -" He can't figure anything to contradict that. So all he does it yell at us in frustration. "Would you just stop?! Please?!" Derek and I stop walking turning to face the teen wolf

"What happened the other night, Stiles' dad getting hurt, that was my fault. I should have been there to do something. I need you to teach me how to control this." He begged getting in Derek's face a bit.

Derek gets into Scott's face as well "Look, I am what I am because of birth. You were bitten. Teaching someone who was bitten takes time. I don't even know if I can teach you." he lays out honestly.

"What do I have to do?" asks Scott, who's becoming desperate

"You have to get rid of distractions." He looks down, grabbing Scott's phone out of his hand holding it up in front of him. "You see this? This is why I caught you. You want me to teach you? Get rid of her."