Chapter 1 AKA: Who The Hell Cares 'Cause I Dont

We Pull up to the school parking lot. Teens flooded the area going into the school or just standing around not wanting or even ready to go inside and start the next hellacious nine months ahead of them.

I couldn't help but stare out upon the schoolyard of where cliques thrived, and nothing seemed more important than their own self illustrious facades only up as a front. In doing so there was no escaping the dread before it even began. "We're back bitches" I whispered underneath my breath with a sigh wondering just how many people would actually recognize or know me for the matter. I'd hoped it was neither.

"Okay go in there and try to make some friends," Derek tells me eyeing the school from under his dark sunglasses. Even with the shades on I could still see the distaste from behind them.

"Yeah, sure I'll do just that," I say sarcastically, which only causes Derek to smile over at me.

"Hey, that's not the happy go lucky attitude I was looking for." He smirks. I roll my eyes my older brother, now he was just patronizing me for neither of us were anything of the sort. I jump out of the car closing the door, bag slung over my shoulder.

I turn around after a few steps and swing my arms up one at a time punching the air above me, mocking him with the upbeat attitude. He just chucles at my antics and gives me a thumbs up. Just as the school bell rings he pulls out of the parking lot.

I sit on a bench outside as instructed by the principle. Waiting I sit across from another girl who's phone rings. She pulls it out and searches through her bag.

"Mom, three calls on my first day is a little overdoing it. Everything except a pen, oh my god I didn't actually forget a pen." She pauses and waits a moment, still 8n search of a utensil. I try and pay no attention to the girl across from me and instead on my phone, although that was hard considering I really had nothing to be looking at. "Okay, okay, I've got to go love you." She quickly hangs up, as the principal walks over to us.

"Sorry for the wait girls." We stand up and only then does the girl takr notice of my presence. She smiles a little and waves at me. I keep my face expressionless as I give a half wave back.

They talk about how the girl used to live in San Francisco at one time before she came here and that hopefully, this would be their last stop.

We enter the classroom and instantly all eyes are on us. God this is uncomfortable. "Class these are our new students Dakota Hale, and Allison Argent." once I hear the name I look over at the girl. Trying not to looked shocked or angry I keep my poker face. Noticing how fast I had changed my attention I forced a casual sway of my head to avoid any more lingering between her and I. You've got to be kidding me. "Please do your best to make them feel welcome." With that, the principal takes his leave.

We both quickly took our seats, well the only seats available. I took the one in front of a rather lanky kid with a buzzcut who looked like he wasn't even paying attention to what had happened and just worked on his stuff. Which I was indeed thankful for his attentiveness for there was no reason to have a conversation nor repetitive glances. Allison took the one behind a kid with shaggy hair. I quickly got out my stuff from my bag and went to work.

*********

I made my way through the crowded hallways in search of my locker. I find my locker I see a person to my right I turn my head to see who it is. Turns out that person was none other than Allison Argent. Great.

She smiles at me. I give her a tiny fake smile in return. "You're new here too right?" She questions.

"It's more like moving back sort of thing," I tell her in what I guess was kind of a harsh tone not even looking at her.