Chapter 3 AKA: A Cougar Is A Mountain Lion, Dumbass

So Derek was let out of jail once the police Identified the body as our older sister Laura and found that the killer was an animal, not human, they let him out. Scott didn't kill anyone on the field at the game. So I guess everything is okay.

I'm at school and it was lunch time and I decided to sit with Scott and Stiles to have a little chat. "I don't not know it. I can't go out with Allison. I have to cancel." Scott tells Stiles worriedly.

"No, you're not canceling, okay? You can't just cancel your entire life." Stiles says trying to comfort his friend. I sit down next to Stiles dropping my tray down on the table causing both of the boys to jump a little.

"Well, he's not wrong. Now we could help you but you know I'm starting to re-think your guys' lack of selling us out." I tell them with full sarcasm all the while giving them both a fake smile. "I'm sure you'll figure it out," I tell them both as I pop a chip in my mouth. Stiles gives me a 'sorry' look.

"Figure what out?" Lydia asks sitting down next to Scott.

"Just, uh, homework." Scott answers.

"Yeah." Stiles smiles nervously. Then turns to me and Scott whispering. "Why is she sitting with us?" Stiles was asking us both but this one was pointed more towards me. We both shrug in response just as confused as he was.  

Allison is the second to sit down. Now it all made sense. She takes the other seat next to Scott and smiles at him. Soon enough the used to be near-empty table is filled with people. Popular people.

One girl sits beside me and Danny sits on the other side of Stiles. Then to our luck, Jackson comes over "Get up." He orders the guy who sat at the end of the table.

"How come you never ask Danny to get up?" The guy whines. Danny laughs.

"Because I don't stare at his girlfriend's coin slot." He says and the guy moves and goes to another part of the table. "So I hear they're saying it's some type of animal attack. Probably a cougar." Danny informs.

"I heard mountain lion," Jackson says. Wow. Just wow. I shake my head from side to side at his stupidity.

"A cougar is a mountain lion Isn't it?" Said Lydia, the same time I said: "A cougar is a mountain lion, dumbass."

"Who cares? The guy's probably some homeless tweaker who's gonna die anyway. And what are you doing here?" Jackson asks pointing his attention to me.

"I'm here because I'm eating what do you think stupid?" I bite back at him. This really wasn't the time to test me. I was already in a pissy mood as it was.

Stiles looked at me shocked. "I think you don't belong here and you should leave," Jackson says waving his hand trying to shoo me away.

"And I think that you should get a higher IQ so this argument might then actually be worth it." He glares at me "But we don't always get what we want now do we?" I ask glaring.

Everyone looks at us shocked not knowing what to do. Before this argument got any more heated Stiles interrupted pointing all of our attention to him.

"Anyways, I just found out who it is. Check it out." He holds the phone out in front of everyone. We all lean in to see the small screen. I leaned in close to Stiles. Really close. The side of my head was two inches from touching the side of his face.

"The Sheriff's department won't speculate on details of the incident but confirmed the victim, Garrison Meyers, did survive the attack. Meyers was taken to a local hospital where he remains in critical condition." I glance over at Stiles for a moment and I could have sworn I saw a faint blush on his cheeks but wasn't entirely sure due to only glancing for a millisecond.