Chapter 7 // Louis

Zayn dropped his phone. It bounced, the screen cracking as it made contact with the floor, giving off a loud breaking sound.

"What?" I asked, frantic. That had to be about Niall. "Zayn, who was that? What happened?!"

Zayn didn't respond for a moment, looking around at all of us with wide eyes, his mouth wide open.

"N-Niall." Zayn stuttered eventually. I knew it. "It was the hospital. Niall- he's in the hospital."

After the shock and everything Zayn had just said set in, I raced for the car keys, running outside.

Liam, Harry, and Zayn were moving, too, shoving their shoes on as quickly as they could. I already had shoes on, because I hadn't taken them off today.

They rushed out after me, and Harry grabbed the car keys from me, saying, "I'm driving."

I didn't care who drove right now, as long as we got to the hospital. So I climbed into the passenger seat, nerves running through my veins as if I was gonna crash at any minute.

I felt paralyzed.

"Hurry up, Harry!" I muttered, shaking. I'm sure that sounded extremely hostile, but I didn't care at the moment.

"I'm sorry, BooBear. I'm sure Niall is fine." Harry said, starting the car and driving off. Liam and Zayn were holding hands in the back, clutching to each other. I wished I could grab onto Harry, because I was pretty scared too.

Harry seemed to read my mind (or maybe it was the fact that he was as scared as I was), because reached out and grabbed my hand.

"He'll be fine." Harry said, squeezing my hand in reassurance. I nodded, taking a deep breath.

We drove in silence for another ten minutes. I was shaking like mad, tears running down my cheeks. I was so scared, I couldn't even think properly or squeeze Harry's hand when he squeezed mine.

The hospital was still a while away, and I was going to go nuts if someone didn't say something- do something. It was too quiet.

"Someone say something." I muttered. The silence sounded like Niall was dead, because when Niall was around, it was never quiet.

"Do you want me to turn on the radio, Louis?" Harry asked, and I shook my head.

"No, I just- someone say something. Anything. Please." I begged. I couldn't handle this awful silence.

"I think Niall's gonna be fine." Liam offered, putting a hand in my shoulder and leaning up so he was closer to me. "I bet he's just waiting for us to get there, waiting so he can tell us all about how amazing he is for surviving something like that."

I smiled. That sounded so much like Niall, jokingly bragging about something dangerous he accomplished.

"I think he's going to be okay, too." Zayn said, leaning up with Liam. "I think we're going to be able to take Niall home, soon, and things will go right back to normal."

I realized, all of a sudden, that nobody was wearing their seat-belts. Liam would always, always tells us to put our seat-belts on.

"We're not wearing our seat-belts." I said, my voice no higher than a mumble. "Liam, you didn't- you didn't tell us to put on our seat-belts."

"I'm sorry." Liam said, leaning back and strapping himself in. Zayn did, too. "I-I was really distracted."

That just reminded me of how Niall wasn't here, because Liam forgot to tell is we had to be safe.

I strapped myself in, and Harry took his hand away from mine for a moment to strap himself in, too.

I was about to demand someone say something, again, but we pulled up next to the hospital. I unbuckled myself and dove out of the car before it had even stopped. Harry turned the car of and got out as well, clutching the keys.

We all ran up to the hospital (well, the guys ran because I did), bursting in, breathing heavily. We were definitely a sight, but none of us cared.

"Who are you here for, sirs?" Someone asked. We turned to see a lady, who looked like a nurse, standing there with a clipboard, not even looking at us.

She had blonde hair and blue eyes, just like Niall. And of course someone who looked like Niall would be here, walking, breathing, and perfectly fine.

"N-Niall Horan." I stuttered. She nodded and lead us to the counter, looking for Niall's files. When she found them, she grabbed them and looked through them for a few minutes.

"Aaah, yes. Niall Horan." She sighed, shaking her head, still looking down. "Such a young boy. Such a tragic situation."

"T-tragic?" I asked. The nurse looked up, a sad expression on her face. God, she looked so much like Niall.

"I'm sorry to say," She bit her lip for a second, pausing. My blood ran with nerves. "Niall Horan was dead upon arrival."