Let Me In - John Laurens × Reader

A/n:

I AM SO SORRY! I didn't have ideas for this book but then I remembered something. Y'all remember the "If you leave, never come back" oneshot? Well thank you to AGalacticFox. I guess this is kind of like a request? READ THE MENTIONED ONE SHOT BEFORE THIS ONE PLEASE!

(E/C) = EYE COLOR

TIME: Hamiltime!
_________________________

(UNEDITED)

I watched as my daughter, Lilith, ran around my front yard. Her chocolate brown curls bouncing up and down. Her bright smile reminded me of..his. The war had ended a long time ago. Shortly after he left, I found out I was expecting.

"Mother?" Lilith's sweet voice knocked me out of my thoughts. I looked at her. I quickly put on a fake smile for her.

"Yes?" I looked down at her. She looked back up at me. The way she looked at me...Oh, how much she reminded me of him.

"Mr.Hamiltons here!" I quickly ran to the door. Alexander and I had known each other for a very long time. He's how I met...

"(Y-Y/n), he's here!" Alexander yelled at me. His voice shaking. I was a little bit shocked, considering how panicked he looked. Had the war changed him this much? I tilted my head in confusion.

"Who-" Then it hit me who he was talking about. I felt my blood run cold. I pulled Alexander inside and slammed the door shut. This was all too soon. I told him he could never come back. Why is he?!

"Alexander! Wha-What do I do?!" I cried. My legs felt shaky. My vision was becoming blurry. Alexander put his hands on my shoulders and pulled me into a hug. He shushed me.

"(Y/n), you knew this day was coming. He needs to meet his daughter." He pulled away. Deep down, a part of me knew he was right. I should have written him a letter. Now it's all a mess.

"What do you mean 'meet his daughter'?" I looked up to see Lilith's confused eyes. Had she heard everything?! Yes, she's eight but she's not dumb.

"Lilith, go to your room. I'll page you in a minute." My voice shook. I was trying my best to hide my fear. Would she hate me? I don't know.

"Okay!" She smiles and ran off. I looked back at  Alexander. The only reason he knew about Lilith was because I panicked and wrote him a note. I didn't know how to be a mother. He told me about his wife, Eliza Schuyler, and how she was expecting. I wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for her.

"When's he getting here?" I asked in a low voice. I was trying to regroup my thoughts. Before Alexander could open his mouth, there was a knock on the door.

It was like time froze. I couldn't help but freeze with it.

"Answer it, (Y/n).." Alexander whispered. I was still staring at the wooden door in front of me.

"Hide then!" I whispered back and he went through the back. I took a deep breath. I could do this. No matter how upset or disappointed I was in him, he still deserves a chance to meet his daughter.

I opened the door. There he was. He was dressed in his blue uniform.

John Laurens.

The air was so tense you could cut it with a knife. I couldn't face him. I looked away.

"Come in." That was all I said. I was just going to get straight to the point. I did miss him though. As soon as I met his hazel eyes, I just wanted to apologize to him. I..I just was not ready to do so yet.

We made it to the kitchen table. It was still silent. I sighed. My eyes were starting to get watery. It felt like a brick of guilt hit me.

"John, I would like to introduce you to someone." I finally spoke up. He looked up at me. His eyes were wide in shock.

"Lilith!" I yelled. I heard footsteps and then she entered the room. She made her way towards me and stood in front of me. Her eyes met Johns.

"Hello miss! I'm John Laurens." He smiled and extended his hand. She put hers out. John gave it a small shake. I prepared what I was going to say.

"This is Lilith," I paused for a moment. Was this how I was going to introduce them? I thought to myself. It was too late now. "Your daughter." I finally said. Both of their eyes widen. Maybe I should not have done it this way.

"W...What?"

__________________________

Hehe!  I hope you enjoyed this cliffhanger. There will definitely be a part two. Once again,  I am so sorry for being gone this long. I just had no ideas until now.

Author out!