Chapter 7: Doubts

MARCELINE'S P.O.V

I made my way to the cafeteria as I skim over my Literature handouts. From a distance, I saw Guy, Bongo and Keila seated on a table with another kid. As I look closer I figured it was my brother Marshal. I head straight to them and pulled a chair from the near by table as I sat down, books and handouts on the table.

"Whoah! You're being a goody two shoes now, eh, sis?" Marshal starts off the bat.

"Yep. Got a pretty cool wager if I topple off the ranking this certain student and aside from that the band will be officialized then." I look at him as I continue to read on through my notes. "You three aren't falling behind, are you?" I eyed the other three. They chuckled at my question.

"Hell, you're the one who's left behind. Of course, we aren't." Keila answers sarcastically.

"Remind me that sarcastic remark of yours laters." I told her sternly.

The other two laughs at this and I shot them a glare.

"So, what is this wager of yours that you want to ace the make-up exams?" Marshal prodded on.

"I get to date this nerd in class." I told him with a smirk.

"Oh. You're bullying this clueless kid again." he replies with feigning concern towards the nerd.

I shake my head. "She's a huge challenge to me. Other girls would've swoon over my feet and want to hook up with me, but not this girl."

"Regular charms and sweet words wont work at girls of this type, Mar." Keila cuts into the conversation.

"That's why I took this wager. Plus I want to wipe that smug proud look off her face. She challenged me with a wager me being her slave if lose." They laughed at this. See? It isn't good. I can't allow this girl do this to me.

"Hey, take it easy on this girl," Marshal grabs the handout from me. "If you like the girl, just confess to her."

"What the fuck?! I don't like her!"

They all stared at me. Keila laughing in the process.

"Yeah, Mar, you won't fall for such a girl." she says sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes at them, stood up and grab the apple from Marshal's plate.

"Hey!"

"You deserve it bro."

I started my way back to class. Passing through the crowd of kids.

BONIBEL'S P.O.V.

"You dared who?!" FP said in shock.

"I dared Marceline to top my grades on her make-up exams." I told them as I take a bite on my sandwich.

"Not a good move there PB." LSP cuts in.

"And why is that?" I question her as she shoves lasagna into her mouth. Seriously, LSP has some major issues in manners.

"Ya drare Marsheline.." she asnwers with a mouthful of lasagna in her mouth then gulps it down. "to ace the exams and topple you off the school rankings?! Are you crazy?!"

"She's asked for it." Fionna chimes in.

"Literally digging your own grave." Cake comments.

"Her grades are from the past. Remember she flunked-"

"INTENTIONALLY." they answered in chorus.

"Ssshhh!~" Fionna hushed us as Marceline passes by deep in her handouts holding a bitten apple on the other hand.

"You're dead meat! She's being serious, girl!" Cake panics.

"Serious or not, she wont get me off the rankings." I stare at her walking away, because of them acting like this, I can't help myself be worried.

I got up, not feeling hugry anymore, gathering my books to head back to class.

"Where are you going?"FP raises the question.

"Class." I told them flatly.

I know they are worried and all but can't they trust me in this? Now, I'm starting doubt myself and bwginning to lose my cool.

As I get back to class, I can see Marceline deep in her books still, I flop on my seat and opened my Algebra book, self-studying. Hoping to get the nasty thought of losing from my head.

A/n: short update. I know. Still busy and having a little time off of work and reading and writing helps me with my stress.

Let me know your thoughts.