Chapter 12

BONNIBEL's P.O.V.

We spent the rest of the day out after that incident at the game center at an amusement park; well, I know for sure we're getting a scolding from Professor Peppermint and like Marceline said: It's better to enjoy it to the fullest than going back and get a scolding while thinking 'I should've made the most out of it. Professor Peppermint did saw the four of us clearly although he may not have any solid evidence after Marceline had the CCTV footage for the day erased. I'll just face whatever punishment in store there would be for me. I had received a message earlier from Flame Princess how Professor Peppermint had been raving that he had lost a good student to "Abadeer's negative influence." 

PB, where in the glob are you right now? Professor Peppermint's been raving how you started getting into bad stuff with Marceline.

-Flame Princess

But what I'm scared right now is if my parents finds out that I ditched class to have fun with other kids. Mind you, I am not the outgoing type and my parents had raised me telling me to behave and act like a civilized, educated lady from our family. They had never once encountered a problem when it comes to me at school, I was never a problem child even my twin brother Gumball has never gone rule breaking.

"Earth to Princess Bubblegum! EARTH TO-" I covered Marceline's mouth with my hand, she's just so annoying that I don't know what to do with her.

"Can't you give me some space?" I told her in frustration. I am still mulling over the possible admonishment when this news reaches my parents.

"Are you worried about something?" She probes as she hands me an ice cream cone which I don't even remember when she got it.

"Nothing. I just need some space." I told her flatly but took the sweet treat she's been holding for quite some time now, taking my time savoring it as I thought of the consequences this decision will get me.

"Nothing? You've been like spacing out ever since you've checked your phone."

"Would it kill you to just stay quiet? Even just for a minute or two?" I told her again in utter frustration before glancing on my phone screen as I dawdle on what to reply to FP.

"Aish. You'll never get to have fun if you keep spacing out and worrying as to whoever's gonna message you." Marceline replies as she snatched the phone from my hand; she stares at it for a moment before she grabs me by my shoulder, "Say cheese~" she says as she snaps a photo of us together. "There, problem solved," she announced with a triumphant look before showing me the phone screen.

She sent the photo to FP.

I was left speechless as she pockets my phone.

"C'mon, Princess, let's enjoy the rest of our day! Let's worry about the consequences later. I've been telling you this over and over."

I sighed. What more can I do, right? It won't get that complicated later on, right?

MARCELINE'S P.O.V.

This girl clearly doesn't know how to have fun. Earlier she was frowning while looking at her phone so I snatched it away from her and had been holding on to it. Now, she looks so bored. I managed to drag her to line up for a roller coaster ride. I must show this princess what she's been missing out all this time.

"Uhm... Marceline, are we going to ride this?" Bubblegum asks, a look of uncertainty dawning her face once she had noticed the line was leading to the roller coaster ride.

"Yep." Marceline replies nonchalantly, her hands shoved in her jean's pocket.

"Marce.... I know we're not that close yet but... I think you should know that I am not good with heights."