Chapter 6: Lab Partners and a Wager

MARCELINE'S P.O.V.

It was fun messing around with that nerd. I'd love to keep her company and mess with her head more but it's getting late and I have business to attend to with Keila.

Keila is this feisty friend of mine that well as most says the girl I went for after Ash. She helped me get over it and move on. I even realized myself thay I wasn't straight like I thought I was. My dad was cool about it though. He was ecstatic to know that I finally got rid of Ash.

But even if I sleep with Keila or whatever we do behind the doors, we're not in a relationship. It's one of those friends with benefits thing. Whenever she needs to relieve stress, I'd be her go to, and same goes for me.

As I enter our hideout, I am met by Keila's soft lips as she pushes me against the door. In an instinct, I rub my tigh against her crotch earning moans from her, I deepen the kiss as she struggles for domination but gives in to me as I grope her right breast, massaging it gently.

"You really know my weakness~" she purrs as she huffs, grinding herself on my tigh. "G-god, Mar.."

I let go of her and she groans audibly when I heard Guy and Bomgo's voice. Guy and Bongo were seated on the couch and chatting away but stops as they see me coming.

"How'd you got off detention early?" Guy starts

"Why are you two still here, that's the question that's supposed to be asked." I look at both of them and chuckled.

"Oh~ Kei didn't tell you eh?" Bongo starts.

"I would've told her if you two just get moving like I told you before," Keila says as she rolls her eyes at them.

"Yeah, after you do your thing." Guy scoffs at her.

Keila was roling the sleeves of her uniform when I cut in, "What do I need to know?" I eye the three of them."

"Well.. The teachers had approved our band application as part of thw music club!" Bongo starts enthusiastically.

"Not just that.. Oh we're going to play this coming school fest!" Guy joins in.

"Yes! Finally, they acknowledged us." I tell them as I got unto my 'throne' and pulled my bass guitar to my lap.

"That's not just that Mar," I look over at Keila as she smiles widely, "We get to play as the main event!"

"Now, that's taking it up a notch." I smiled at them, "Let's get on and practice."

"Wait, there's a catch to all of this." Keila starts, as she stares at the other two, "You need to get a passing grade for all of your make-up tests."

I grin at them widely, "Easypissy. I already started coming to class. Might as well get serious with it." The three smiled at this as they went for their instruments as well. "Oh, and Kei, no benefits while we're on this." She shakes her head as she chuckles grabbing her guitar.

*****

I went for my seat as soon as I enter our class and immerse myself in studying for my make-tests. I came early today and had scheduled with all of my professors for the make-up tests and with most of them shocked but then realized the reason behind it.

I was deep in my books until the bell rang for first period and Professor Peppermint enters the room with a smile plastered on his face as he sees me.

"It's nice to see Ms. Abadeer back in class and not causing a fuss this time," as he eyes the person seating next to me. Oh! Right Ms. Nerd was seating beside me. I was completely oblivious of what was going on.

He starts introducing the class about the lab experiments we will be having this sem. "So, I know you learned a lot during the last semester and will now be ready to take up a notch on our experiments in the lab. But taking it up a notch, needs another pair of hands to help and an extra brain," He eyes at a blond boy at the very back of the class snickering with a slightly chubby dude beside him, "especially both of you Finn and Jake." The class laughs at this.

"Guess they're total idiots." I breathed out seeing as they themselves are laughing as the teacher makes a joke of them.

"Yeah, they are."

I whipped my head to the side where Ms. Nerd is seating as she sighs and catches me glancing at her. She snobs at me and directs her eyes to Peppermint. I never expected her of all people to answer my remark. You know after I annoyed the heck out of her. Well, she basically seems still annoyed though.

"I am assigning you lab partners. As I call out names, please seat beside your lab partners. Starting off, Ms. Abadeer and Ms. Bubblegum..."

"Can I ask for another lab partner sir?" She stands up in protest

"I'm sorry but no can do. Besides, Ms. Abadeer here is behind her studies, an exceptional mind like you may help her recover and get back into shape."

I smiled at her sweetly, "Don't worry, I don't eat princesses." I told her teasingly which earns me another snob as she sits back.

BONNIBEL'S P.O.V.

I can't believe my luck! I am stucked with this hooligan as my lab partner! All she does now, is going through her books as our Professor is partnering up the others.

"Don't mind me princess, I'll get back at 'ya when we start our lab." she says as she goes through another book. Talking about multi-tasking reading. She has 4 books laid infront of her of difderent subjects.

"Did you even get what the books are saying?" I ask her in mockery.

"Of course I am," she says as she raises her head to look at me.

"Oh yeah?"

"Is that a challenge?" I smirked at her.

"Sure thing." I told her confidently. I'm not gonna lose against this hooligan. She might be the smartest in Ooo Academy in the past, but that was the past. I am the future.

"What's the catch in this?"

"I dunno. You decide." I told her.

"Okay, you date me after I ace my exams and topple you off your standing." I laughed at this earning stares from the rest of the class and a piercing glare from our Professor.

"Okay. Let's see where you stand after your make-up exams. And if you lose, you get to be my slave."

"Hell, you wish." she says with a wide grin.