Chapter 11: Date and Competition

BONNIBEL'S P.O.V.

It had been a few weeks since I started hanging out with Marceline and her bandmates and I must admit it, it was actually fun. I had never expected to experience this kind of fun with them, not that I don't have fun with my friends; but the fun that Marceline had introduced me to are just full of things I hadn't experienced in my entire life. But I refuse to admit that I was (actually) having fun. I won't give her the chance to humiliate me further so I do my best to keep a straight face.

I had a lot of firsts with her, like skipping classes and other rule breaking activities. At first I was skeptical about the whole rule breaking as I am a straight A and rule abiding student but Marceline kept reminding me about our wager that I (unbelievably) lost.

And today I found myself, yet again skipping advanced algebra with Marceline and for some reason, she managed to tag Fin and Jake along with her to an arcade shop downtown hidden in one of those small alleyways (I don't know what's with Marceline and her love for these narrow, creepy places). I didn't knew that these three were close to be hanging out together. I remember back then they were kinda dissing her in class, I wonder if Marceline knew about this fact. 

"Hey Marce, I didn't know you and PB here are friends. I thought you were enemies or something." Jake questions as we enter the arcade shop.

Marceline chuckles at the question when she saw me roll my eyes at the statement.

"PB here is my date."

"So, you two are..." Fin trails at his sentence and gestures his forefingers together. His face is scrunched up in disappointment? Disgust? I couldn't tell but his expression tells me otherwise it's not a good thought.

"No-"

"Yes!" Marceline replies, cutting off my reply as she smirks at me, her eyes as if challenging me.

"Oh..." Fin replies, his shoulders slumped.

"Don't believe her words, cause we aren't together although yes, we are dating because.... Just because." I explained, matter-of-factly. I glanced at Marceline who now looks annoyed.

Ha! In your face Abadeer!

"So, no labels?" Fin inquires yet again.

"Not yet now, Finny. Soon" Marceline replies with another smirk.

I really hate her comebacks.

"Oh! How about this, you guys compete to date PB here!" Jake suggests out of the blue.

"Great idea, Jake!" Fin replies, high fiving Jake in the process.

I don't know how to react to this. I'm not some kind of trophy but I don't want to date Fin. Truthfully speaking, he's like a kid brother to me. I already had enough on my plate having to date Marceline due to the wager we had before.

"Fin..." I sigh exasperated.

"You're on, man!" Marceline yells, her eyes has that mischievous glint in it.

"Don't I get a say on this?!" I burst out.

The three of them looks at me, startled at my sudden outburst.

"I am not some kind of trophy that you get when you win!"

"Hhhhmmmm... Then, how 'bout this..." Marceline speaks up, "whoever wins gets to spend the rest of the day with PB here? If Fin wins, you can spend time with him and I'll go separate ways with you guys." Marceline tells me, her face was suddenly all serious.

"How about, if I win?"

"Well then, if you win Princess, you choose who you want to spend your time with or you can do whatever you wish today." Marceline replies, her face still serious despite the smirk plastered on her face.