Chapter 7

[Stiles POV]

I put my hand on top of hers. I feel something I hadn't felt before on her. A class ring? Then it hits me: Oh holy shit. MY class ring. I left that at her house! Next to...her diary?!

Nice going, Stiles.

"So, you liked the name of my diary?" Lydia says to me. How do you respond to that? She obviously realizes at this point that I have recognized the ring. Great. I don't make any noise for a few moments. "Oh come on, Stiles, I'm not that naïve. I know you looked through it." She runs her fingers through my very short hair.

"It was a...very clever name." I hear something from across the pitch black room. Maybe an electrical thing, I suppose. It's just so dark. And Lydia is being eerie.

"I suppose you would like your ring back?" I am about to answer when I hear a familiar sound. The sound of Scott's phone receiving a text message.

[Scott POV]

"Shit!" I fumble to stop my phone from beeping. I open the message.

Scott. We need to meet TODAY. There's no other option. The Alpha is coming. And if you don't kill with him, he'll kill you. Stiles. Even Allison. I'll see you at the Hale House right after your work shift ends. -Derek

I swear, Derek is on a mission to ruin any smidgen of a social life I could possibly have.

"Hold on a minute," Stiles says from inside the closet. I really hope he didn't hear my phone.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"Mother of God!" I yell as my phone goes off yet again. This time, I am mildly surprised by what the text is. It's from Stiles.

Get you and your wolf powers away from this closet NOW. I was this close to...never mind. Just give me SOME privacy...for once?

I guess he was right. I grab my backpack and trek down the hall. My sleeve suddenly gets grabbed and I am pulled into a janitor's closet.

[Lydia POV]

I really can't be mad that Stiles read my diary. I mean, I did leave it right out there. In the middle of my desk. And I also left him alone in my room.

Bad idea.

At the same time, I can't help but think: I just told Stiles that I love him. Do I mean it?

I told Jackson, "Love you!" this morning, but I can't help but figure that this is a little bit different.

Maybe I just need some time to sort out my feelings.

Stiles stands up and extends a hand in the dark. I reach out and grab it. He pulls me up and puts his hand around my waist.

"Me too," he says.

"What?"

"I love you, too, Lydia Martin." He kisses my forehead. "I love you, too."

[Stiles POV]

Lydia doesn't say anything for a minute. She just rests her head on my shirtless chest. It was at that moment that I realize that we still are only half-clothed. She releases her hand from my side for a moment. I use this oppurtunity to find my shirt that was thrown to the other side of the room. Behind this cabinet, maybe? Just as I reach to grab it, the door to the closet swings open. A tall, dark silhouette stands in the doorway.

Only a half of a second later, I am pulled behind the cabinets and a hand is thrown over my mouth.