Chapter 4

[TWO WEEKS LATER]

[Lydia's POV]

"Are you sure that brown goes well with red?" Allison asks me over the phone. I look out my window up towards the moon. It's barely even there. I have the worst headache. Allison is so pretty, smart, AND she has a new, fresh start here at Beacon Hills. Why can't I be her?

"Of course it does! Dear, have I ever steered you wrong?"

"What, in the two weeks you've known me?" She's right. I have only known her for two weeks, and I think I like her better than I like myself.

"So...how are you and Scott doing?" Oh yeah, not only is she perfect, but she has a cute, athletically talented boyfriend and she just got here.

I am so jealous.

"Great! I really like him." There's that word again; like. "Oh, my dad is calling me. See you tomorrow?"

"Absolutely! Remember! Brown jacket, red dress." I hear the phone click. I toss my phone on my chair and close my window. Just as I am closing it, a piece of gravel comes flying through my window! "Oh my God!" I yell. The rock knocked over my earring holder that held up a medium sized mirror. Pieces of the mirror shatter all over my room. I look out of the window. "Oh good God, Stiles! What the holy hell are you doing here?!"

"This was supposed to be so much more romantic than it is," Stiles replies. I wave my hand for him to come upstairs. He comes around the back and enters my room as I am picking up pieces of glass.

[Stiles POV]

I broke her mirror. Her mirror! I am such a clutz. Remind me again why she likes me at all?

"Lydia, don't grab those bare handed. You'll cut yourself," I say to her. She drops them suddenly at the thought of cutting her perfectly fair skin. "Lydia!"

"No, I'm okay. I'm sorry about that." She walks over to her dresser, so I begin to pick up pieces of the mirror myself. "Now you have to go!" She grabs me by my forearm and begins to push me out of her room without realizing that I'm holding glass. A shard slides across my hand and blood begins to drip onto my shoes. Lydia gasps and cups my hand in hers. She looks up at me. "I'm so sorry. Come here." She pulls me over to her bed and sits me down. She grabs some tissues from her desk and wraps my hand in them. "Apply pressure to that. I'm going to get you some water." She just left me alone in her room. Awesome.

I know I shouldn't do what I'm about to do, but I can't help myself. I walk over to her desk. She has a beautiful lamp that doubles as a magnet to hold some of her jewelry. Next to the lamp is a pink little notebook that reads, "Lydia's Utopia". I open it. To my surprise, it's a diary. I guess even though Lydia is dreadful sometimes, she's still a teenage girl. I flip open a page, and just then, my damn class ring gets magnetized to her lamp. I take it off and throw it on her desk. I start reading and see a part titled, "The Stiles Saga". It's all about me, obviously. I don't know if I should be flattered or creeped out. I hear Lydia coming back, so I close back up the notebook and set it down.

"Hey! You okay? Sorry I took so long," she says to me while handing me a cup of water. "I didn't mean to hurt you, Stiles. I just-" I don't know what came over me, but I interrupted her to kiss her. She kissed back. I dropped the cup and water spilled everywhere. We didn't care. I lean her up against the headrest of her bed and run my hands through her hair. Our lips never detached. She pulls me down by my belt and rolls on top of me. Through all of this, I still can't shake how good her lip gloss tastes.

I really like strawberries.

We sit there, making out like this for almost twenty minutes, until we both hear footsteps. She throws me under her bed. I hear her father walk into her room.

"Lydia, a stain just appeared on the ceiling downstairs, and it looks like a water leak right from your room," he says. Lydia kicks the cup under the bed. It hits me, but I don't say anything.

"Guess it must just be a leak then!" Lydia replies. I then get a text from Scott. Derek keeps offering to help me. Advice? It reads. Ever since we found out that the wolf that bit Scott had turned him into a werewolf, Derek Hale has been offering his wolfie advice. I don't like the guy; he seems sly and sketchy. But Scott seems to trust him. Either way, I have more pressing matters, so I put my phone back in my jacket and pray that Mr. Martin didn't hear the vibration from the phone. Lydia obviously did; she kicked the side of her bed right after it went off.

"But there's the thing; there's no plumbing between your flooring and the ceiling downstairs." Phew. Guess he didn't hear it. Thank God for some of the side effects of aging.

"Oh, um...I just dropped a cup of water, that's all. Silly me! I'm not perfect; sue me!" Oh, but Lydia, you are so perfect, it hurts. Or the pain is just in my hand, which is still bleeding.

"Oh. Well then, clean it up, okay? And go to bed for God's sake! It's eleven PM on a school night!" He leaves the room. We both sigh in relief. Boy, her dad really IS clueless.

"We are so lucky!" Lydia laughs as she pulls me out from under the bed. "Next time, my ass is grass! And yours, too!" We both giggle a little bit before she kisses me.

"I thought you said-"

"I know what I said. And I mean it. This is the last time." I guess she is right. This thing should end, for the better. I have the girl of my dreams in my hands; why can't I get a grasp on her? "And you need to go. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

[Lydia POV]

I pull Stiles towards the door and nudge him out. He looks back at me for a moment before exiting. I close my room door and put my head in my hands. Why is this so hard? I remember the bracelet he gave me. Why hasn't Jackson ever done anything that sweet? He buys me thousands of dollars in gifts, but Stiles made that bracelet himself. I'd take that over diamonds anyday.

But it's actually the flash of a diamond that catches my eye.

On my desk, right next to my journal, a ring. Not mine. It's a class ring. Stiles' class ring. Was he reading my journal?

I slip the ring onto my thumb. A perfect fit.

I REALLY liked writing this chapter! Hope you guys liked reading it! :D