Chapter 1

Chapter One

[Point of View of Stiles Stilinksi] (I am sure that most [if not all] of you have seen the Pilot episode of Teen Wolf, and the first chapter is pretty much just Stiles' POV during the beginning of it...with a twist ;).)

My books are heavy. Like, really damn heavy. And to make matters worse, my lacrosse stick is adding more weight (and an awkward feeling) to my backpack. My phone keeps going off. Not to my surprise, it's my best friend, Scott. Scott McCall is kind of...no, no he is a loser of sorts. But we have been best friends since the 1st grade, and I don't think that'll ever change.
But he really enjoys texting.
So I decide to check and see what this kid wants to tell me now. "Ready 4 school 2morrow?" the text reads. I toss my phone back on my bed. No, no I am not ready for school tomorrow. The new semester is starting and nothing interesting happened to me over break. Hell, nothing interesting has happened to me my whole life. I sit down at my desk and put my head in my hands when it hits me: the landline. You see, my father is the town sheriff of Beacon Hills, California, and he naïvely uses our home's landline to discuss business. I pick up the phone slowly until I am sure if he is on the line or not. To my delight, he is!

"A body? In the woods? How long has it been there? Who found it?" I hear my dad say to the other end of the line.

"A couple of joggers found it. We don't know yet, sheriff, but there's a kick. We only have found..." the man's voice trails off. My dad coughs to signal for the man to finish his thought. "...sir, we have only found half of the body."

I hang up the phone. That's all I needed to hear. I pick up my cell phone and call Scott. He didn't answer. What the hell? He'll text me but not answer my calls? Regardless, I hop into my rusty old Jeep and drive up to Scott's house. The sun has just set and it's starting to get cold outside. I kind of want to scare Scott, so I hop onto his roof and lean over to tell him about the body. As I lean over the side of his house, he nearly hits me with a bat. Trying to defend himself or whatever. Anywho, once we arrive at the Beacon Hills Preserve, things start to get weird.
After I am caught by my dad, he pulls me back to my Jeep and yells at me for listening in on his phone calls. What I really hear is "yada, yada, yada". My main concern is where Scott ran off to. I guess I'll see him tomorrow.

---

"I can't do this any more," Lydia Martin says while she pulls away from my lips. "It's just not fair to him."

"No one has to know. No one does," I reply to her. Her strawberry lip gloss tastes incredible. I twirl her strawberry blonde hair through my fingers. Lydia, of course, is talking about Jackson Whittemore, her boyfriend and the most popular guy in the sophomore class, if not in the whole school. About two months ago, Lydia spilled soda on one of her custom made jackets in the parking lot after school. I was the only around her at the time, and I put one of my jackets that I keep in my Jeep around her. At first, she denied, but she was freezing, and she knew she needed something warm. Once she came around, we shared one of those storybook moments and THE Lydia Martin actually kissed me! The next day, she returned my jacket and said that something like that could never happen again. Of course, that was right before she pushed me into a janitor's closet and kissed me until my lips turned blue. Ever since that day, every morning before school, Lydia and I have made out in my Jeep. No one knows. Not Scott, not my dad...no one. And Lydia was determined to keep it that way.