Chapter 3

[Lydia's POV]

I wait for a moment to see if Jackson puts the pieces together. Before I know it, he's slammed Scott up against the wall. Why Scott? Why him? I think to myself.

[Jackson POV]

"You been on my girl, McCall?" I say to Scott. Scott is the only person I ever see hanging around that loser Stiles Stilinksi. So if Lydia smells like Stiles, it's Scott.

[Scott POV]

"No! Never! I mean..." I look right towards Lydia, who is looking at Stiles. Why would she look at Stiles? So I shift my eyes to him, as he backs away from Jackson slowly. Just then, I catch it. At the top of his bullseye t-shirt. A lipstick stain. The same color on Lydia's lips. What hasn't my best friend been telling me?! "...she's really pretty and attractive and all, bu-"

"You shut up!" Jackson yells while releasing his grip on my brown jacket. "NEVER talk about my girlfriend, look at her, or even think about her again. You understand?" Stiles shares a look with Lydia for a moment, and she looks like she is about to cry. Damnit, Stiles. What the hell have you gotten yourself into?

"I understand."

[Stiles POV]

I feel my phone buzz. It's a text from Lydia. NEVER AGAIN. It reads. I look at her devastatingly. She returns the look up until Jackson throws his arm around her. She smiles at him and walks off. Scott looks at me with a look that's a cross between angry and confused. I wait for him to say something, but instead, he grabs the collar of my shirt and pulls it up.

"Your shirt smells like...strawberries. Care to explain, Lady Stiles?" I pull his hand off of me.

"It's not what it looks like."

"Oh, so you weren't making out with Lydia Martin before school?" What, does this kid read minds or something?

"It was just a one time thing. And I swear to God, if you tell ANYONE, I will have you neutered!"

"One time thing, eh? Yeah. That explains the lip gloss tube and concealer in the side cup holder of your Jeep. And should I even mention the damn tampon under the seat of your passenger side?"

"Okay, THAT must have fallen out of her purse!" I reply.

"Ah ha! So this HAS happened more than once!" Damn. I'm caught. "Why wouldn't you tell me? Why wouldn't you tell EVERYONE?" I suppose the man has a point.

"It's complicated."

"Um, no, it's not. Lydia Martin is cheating on Jackson Whittemore to swap spit with you. I don't know how long this has been going on, and I am not sure I want to." I drop my head in shame as he says this. He grabs me around the shoulder and shakes me. "But damn, Stiles! You picked up LYDIA FREAKING MARTIN!" I nudge him to signal him to be quieter, but I laugh at the same time. "How did you manage to do that?!

"Well, a couple of months ago..." I begin to tell him.

--

[Lydia POV]

So Jackson knows that I have cheated. Why isn't he grilling me with questions? And why isn't he angry? And the biggest question of all: Why did he assume it was with Scott, of all people?!

"So, um, Jackson, can we talk about what just happened?" I tell him.

"We don't have to, babe! Scott was by you at the coffee shop this morning!" Wait...what?

"Then why would you assume that he kissed me?" I say to him, nervously.

"Scare tactic, babe. You notice half of the school watched that go down just now? No one will ever threaten our relationship now. Not ever." These are the moments when I really like Jackson.

Wait. Did I just say "like"?

"It's not like you've actually kissed McCall, right?" He says while putting his hand around the bracelet on my wrist.

"No, of course not!" Which is techincally true. I haven't kissed Scott. He never mentioned Stiles Stilinksi.

"That's my girl." He kisses me cheek and releases his hand from my wrist, revealing the bracelet. The red beaded bracelet that Stiles gave me a couple of weeks ago.

This is not going to be easy.