Chapter 11

I started making my way back to our camp, holding my old clothes pinched between two fingers and my jacket in the other hand. I came back in and stopped by the fire. I stood there and stared at the food cooking over the fire; I haven't eaten yet today.

I looked around once more, seeing Beth gone along with Mary. I guess Beth is getting the same cleaning treatment I did.

I just shrugged, it must be the mom inside her making her make sure everyone is safe and cleaned up. Or maybe it was Alicia getting killed barely even an hour ago, so she was trying to busy herself to not think about it. 

I went back to my tent. Wait. When did tents get set up? I looked around and saw Carl putting up tents with the help of Mac. Beth was probably helping before she got dragged off. I made my way to one of the smaller ones and set my stuff in it; well, mostly outside because I didn't want to get the inside really dirty yet, but I threw my jacket and backpack into one of the corners while leaving my old clothes out by the door. 

Deciding to just take a nap after that exhausting, chaotic day, I laid down on my sleeping bag set up inside my tent. It was just my luck that someone sent Mac to gather everyone for food. I guess I didn't notice the hunger after what happened earlier. 

I joined everyone around a fire that was set up, the tents surrounding it like in the back of the store except it's not as dark as inside. We all just gathered around and ate silently.