Chapter 1: Today is the day.

Hello readers!

You might be wondering 'Why am I getting an update for chapter 1 again?'

Well... it's because I am editing the current chapters since dumb me forgot certain, important details and wants the story to be epic!

I'll add to each of the first eight chapters whether it is edited or not at the beginning!

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share this story and chapter with your friends to get it going!!!!

Enjoy!!

Love you all and I hope you like my work <3

This AMAZING FUCKING BLOW-YOUR-WIG-OUT-THE-WINDOW cover is by somestarstuff

**this chapter is Edited**

**************************************************************************************

Dipping the small paint-brush in paint, my hands shook slightly. I knew it was thanks to the alert gaze of the masked guard standing in the corner of the room, the entire area reflected in the black bulletproof protective glass of his mask.

This was illegal – the paint, the self-expression – and any sign of it meant death on the spot –a bullet going straight through your forehead and out the back of your head.

But I wasn't dead. The guard didn't shoot me, although he had a rifle loaded in his massive gloved hands.

I had begged the section leader for countless weeks to contact the Royal Capital of Orbis, saying that there was an autistic 8-year-old boy whose learning abilities were quite low and his governess had failed in using photographs and text to teach him even the simplest words and had gone as far as venturing into the nearby woods to show him animals. Nothing worked. The boy had picked up a pencil and had doodled the animals himself to learn but drawing was illegal.

I guess the leaders of Orbis – the council, the King, the government – had tired of the endless train of letters that they had finally sent back a scientist to assess the boy himself and indeed, drawing was the only method he had responded to.

And so the following week a professional killer – a guard whose identity was unknown –had arrived with a small crate of basic paints, paper and two small brushes to watch over the boy and the governess as they worked.

I knew it was simply to shut up the council about 'ignoring the section's needs' because the city remained as it is: Dark, polluted, sick, retarded, illiterate and dead. It had been that way as long as I can remember. But to this little boy that sat before me, the world had turned a million shades brighter as his governess – me – showed him little animals with paint.

Why they picked a small request, one out of millions others asking for help, food, clothes, medicine, shelter, an actual life... I had no idea...

My hand wobbled a bit as I drew a rabbit with the brown paint, using the photograph as a template to return back to. "Rabbit," I whispered to the little boy, Ethan.

Ethan watched with his big blue eyes the brush sweep over the paper before mumbling, "Rabbit."

"Good job, Ethan." I smiled wide and stroked his sand-blonde messy hair. "Now, you try."

Ethan picked up the other brush with small chubby hands and drew a rabbit that was much more decent than mine could ever dream of.

"And what does the rabbit do?" I whispered as I dipped the brush into a cup of water, washing away the remains of brown, replacing it with orange, then green. A disfigured carrot.