day three, eleven pm.

miyeon

"will you be okay by yourself?" hana asked once more. rolling my eyes, i nodded for the umpteenth time.

"yes unnie, i'm a full grown woman and i'm not scared to be here alone," i reassured her. "now go, seokjin oppa is probably waiting for you in his car already."

"alright, but if you need anything, just call me okay?" she held up her thumb and pinky, signaling a phone.

"and disturb your... whatever you guys do that i'm not remotely interested in imagining?" i scrunched up my face. "no thanks, i'd rather a serial killer walk through those doors."

"mimi!" she whisper-yelled, clearly embarrassed.

shooing her with both of my hands, i managed to push her through the double doors, waving at seokjin who was inside the car.

"you guys have fun and use protection!" i chuckled and went back inside, ignoring hana's death stare.

i went behind the counter, turning on the computer and registering some of the client's bills into it. night shifts were boring, but at the same time, they were probably the only ones in which i could actually rest since no one really needed me.

deciding on turning on the small tv on the reception, i sat down on my stool and laid my chin on my hand. this was going to be a long, long night.

surfing through the channels, i started by watching random shows on rather random channels as well. one particular movie was playing, the male lead having just dumped his girlfriend because he thought he wasn't good enough for her.

i bit the inside of my cheek as jungkook came to mind. i had felt embarrassed to say the least when he rejected me. i for sure hadn't been thinking, and i let myself be driven by my own instincts. but clearly, those instincts were very far off.

i wasn't even the kind of person to make the first move. nor was i the kind of person to want to kiss someone i had barely met. yet, something kept drawing me to him, and i couldn't resist the urge that came over me. but then again, i don't think i wanted to resist it either.

there was something different about him. and while i couldn't put my finger on it, i was sure that he was someone unlike anyone i had seen before. and maybe that was why i was so attracted to him.

and now, i was forced to let go of all of those thoughts. why would i keep thinking of someone who had rejected me?

the sound of the front door opening caught my attention. i switched the tv to the news channel, not wanting whoever the possibly new guest was to think that i was forgetting about my job.

my eyes scanned over the two tall figures. one of them was slightly taller than the other, having short dark brown hair; the other one had a very blond mullet. both of them were dressed in casual yet classy clothes, the shorter one even proudly displaying a gucci symbol on his t-shirt.

and once again, both of these men were gorgeous. so gorgeous that i almost forgot the name of my own motel.

"h-hello, welcome to motel amber, can i be of service?" i asked in the most polite manner possible, trying not to let show just how nervous they were making me.

the taller one approached me, a small smile on his lips. "good evening miss, i was just wondering if i could ask you a question."

"yes, sure," i nodded. "i just might not have the answer for you."

"i'm hoping you will," the smile never left his lips as he slowly took out his wallet from his back pocket. reaching for something inside it, he gave me a picture.

it was worn out, the edges slightly crumpled. i scanned it with my eyes, examining the seven faces that were proudly smiling. then, his finger pointed to a particular one that almost made me gasp.

jungkook.

"we're looking for him. he's been missing for a few days, and we figured he'd probably be staying around here somewhere. have you perhaps seen him? his name is jeongguk."

my heart beat picked up. staring at the picture, i could clearly see how it had been a few years since it had been taken. jungkook looked much younger, his eyes crinkling with a smile that showed his teeth, almost resembling a bunny. part of me wondered when that kind of happiness had left him.

and while i could see these two men were his friends, and they were probably worrying about him, i knew how private jungkook was. i didn't want to violate his privacy, and if he hadn't been in contact with them, it was probably because he didn't want to.

and so i lied.

"no, i haven't," i shook my head, watching as a disappointed expression took over their features. "but if you want to leave your contact information so i can give you a call if i do?"

"yes, of course," reaching in the front pocket of his jacket, he gave me a small card with his number.

"if you see him, tell him his friends are looking for him. that it's not too late."

"it was nice meeting you," the shorter one bowed, motioning with his head for the door as the other did the same and the both of them left.

i inspected the card.

kim namjoon.

raising my eyebrows, i turned the card around and slipped it into the pocket of my apron. biting the inside of my cheek, i thought on his words.

tell him that it's not too late.

too late for what?