day five, eleven am.

miyeon

they say a trillion thoughts go through your mind when you're about to die.

the best moments of your life, mixed with those which marked you the most.

well, i say that's a lie.

all i could see was black. all i could feel was my limbs going numb, my head feeling lighter by the second, and my heart struggling to beat. my arms shakily wrapped around my body. i didn't think i could even control them anymore, but it was probably the natural instinct to retain any heat in my body.

my breath was visible, small clouds forming with each passing breath. everything was so cold. if i had to guess, i'd place my bet in the negative celsius. i couldn't quite understand how i had gotten there, as i had quite literally woken up in what seemed like an industrial freezer, only remembering that i had been in the supply closet of the motel before all this had happened.

my eyes could barely open, but when they did, i could briefly take a peek at the blinking red light in front of me.

i never thought i'd be the kind of girl to need help from anyone, but just like you can't control the type of thoughts you have when you're dying, i couldn't control the silent pleas of help from forming on my mind.

save me, jungkook.

namjoon

he was quiet. too quiet.

and i couldn't tell whether i should be worried that he was almost unresponsive, or thankful that at least he hadn't gotten in the car and tracked this bastard down himself, without the rest of us.

my hands gripped the steering wheel as i threw quick glances to the rear view mirror. he was still attached to his phone, watching the same live stream that was meant to taunt him. no matter what me or taehyung said, he wouldn't budge when we told him to turn it off.

"this is all my fault," the only few words he would mutter after receiving the link.

i would be lying if i said we had a plan. i would also be lying if i trusted that if we did have a plan, he'd follow through with it. knowing jungkook, he would want us as minimally involved as possible.

still, it wouldn't hurt to try.

which was why i had convinced him to meet the others at an abandoned parking lot. while there wasn't much i could do for him at this moment, someone could. and that someone was jimin.

parking the car, i motioned for both taehyung and jungkook to follow me as i exited the car. thankfully, the other three cars had already parked, with four guys standing in front of them.

a quick nod of the head was all we needed as a greeting. then, all eyes were on jungkook.

jungkook

i knew i had a lot of explaining to do.

however, looking at my phone was all i seemed to be able to do. keeping my head low, i avoided the stares of the four other men which were fixated on me.

"long time no see, kid," yoongi was the first to speak up, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "glad to see you're alive."

"we don't have much time," hoseok was next, before i saw taehyung's hand covering my phone.

"i think you'll want to look at this," he spoke in a softer tone, motioning towards a laptop which was in the hands of jimin.

after briefly looking at him, i begrudgingly stuffed my phone in my back pocket and looked at the other screen in front of me.

"i was able to crack the location of the live stream," he motioned towards the map which was seen on screen. "it seems like an abandoned warehouse of sorts. i believe it used to be some kind of meat storage area... at least the last owners had a meat processing business."

in any other occasion, i would be happy to hear my best friend's voice. jimin and i were from the same town, so we had grown up together. not this time, however. what he was saying was clicking in my mind for different reasons.

"that used to be the cover up for the kang's family money laundering. both kang jaesuk and kang jaemin are involved in that," jin beat me to the explanation. just the mention of that name made my blood boil. "that's got to be it."

"there's no time to sit around and speculate about it," i finally spoke, my eyes finally meeting each of theirs at a turn. "i want to apologize to all of you, really, but i can't right now. this is more important. she's... more important."

"i'll drive," hoseok motioned towards his car. "my car is the fastest anyway, we'll get there quicker."

"thank you," my eyes rested on jimin's for a bit longer. i knew he was the one who had the most to lose were he to be involved in this. "i hope after this, all is over."

"i hope so too, for your sake," jimin nodded. "now go, if this has started hours ago, i'm afraid-"

he didn't have time to finish his sentence, because both namjoon and i were already getting into hoseok's car.

but he didn't have to finish that sentence at all.

if this has started hours ago, she doesn't have much time left.

***
author's note

long time... no see?

anyway this is a sucky chapter, but hopefully next one will be better.

i can't exactly give you guys a time-frame of when I'm going to upload, but i promise i haven't forgotten about this story.

much love, lia