Chapter 11: Exposure

Chapter 11 | Exposure

Nicole's POV

This time he was more aggressive than before. He wasn't hesitant and felt confident in kissing me. In no time, things started to get heated. He pushed me against the wall and caressed my jaw with his soft hands. He moved up to my face and licked my bottom lip. I parted it to give entrance. He gently slid his tongue and began to explore the inside of my mouth. The feeling of ecstasy and excitement was overwhelming. He pressed our mouths together tightly and the kiss deepened, thoroughly allowing our tongues complete access to one another. He thrusts his tongue over my tongue over and over again. A moan escaped my mouth and he smirked before continuing our secret make-out session. But an unsettling feeling was bottled up inside of me.

Your disguise. It's gone.

I pushed him away with my eyes the size of saucers. I absentmindedly touched my naked face. I felt vulnerable. I felt so exposed. That's right! My mask isn't with me. My disguise is gone. He knows my face. My plan. My plan to take over the Anvocs is over now. But I don't think that plan would ever succeed anyway because I think I li -

"Nicole, I can explain."

I immediately threw my attention to him at once. He knew my real name? Since when and for how long!

"How do you know my name?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I - Well... Um." He stammered.

"Spit it out." I demanded.

I eyed his broad figure. His dark hair. His blue eyes. His soft, pink lips. The huskiness of his voice. The shape of his face that's sadly covered by his snake-like mask. I've always hated that mask of his. He looked so much better without his mask. I could see every inch of his face.

"I knew your identity all along." He said in a serious tone, "Nicole Guerini, daughter of the ACM's godfather. Red hair, green eyes, beautiful inside and out, sexy, witty, sarcastic, and the girl I'm beginning to fall for."

Thump! Thump! Thump!

That's all I could hear. The fast beating of my heart. He inched closer to me, examining my reaction. Forget the butterflies Rachel mentioned, I can feel the world's biggest zoo stampeding inside my guts. My heart was pumping so fast that I was surprised I haven't had a heart attack yet. I can't think straight and I know for a fact my cheeks are flushed red right now.

"D-Daniel... I - "

"What?" Daniel's eyes widened.

Oops. So I guess we both knew each other's identity all along. Did he thought of the same plan as me? Wow, so that means that we were trying to use each other.

"You knew who I really was?" He asked in astonishment while taking off his mask.

"Y-You took off your mask." I pointed to his face.

"Well, yeah. You don't have yours on and I want you to trust me." He explained as if it was so simple.

"I don't know what to say." I dumbly said in response.

Truth be told, I really don't know what to say. He's an Anvoc for God's sake! Not just any Anvoc but the next heir of that stupid mafia clan. He's going to be the godfather. He's already my enemy. He could kill me. He could trick me. His father killed my family!

"I know what you're thinking." He sighed, "I could betray you. I could murder you. Bring you to my clan and have you tortured. But I'm not going to do that. I need you to trust me."