Chapter 8: Stupid

Chapter 8 | Stupid

Nicole's POV

Here I am in my own house getting yelled at by my best friend for 'sneaking' out. Honestly, I would rather have my dad scolding me than Rachel. She's too scary when she's mad.

"I can't believe you!" She shouted.

"Rachel, please just calm down. Dad will hear you. Let me explain, okay?" I pleaded and she scoffed in annoyance. I took this as a chance to finally begin my explanation.

"Do you remember Daniel?"

"Oh, I know Daniel alright! He dragged you out of the cafeteria after you punched Mandy Bὶtch in the damn face. Which by the way was freaking amazing but that's not the point. You left me and the rest of the student body gaping at what just happened."

I groaned, "Will that make me the talk of the school tomorrow?"

"Damn straight you'll be the talk of the school tomorrow! Nikki, you do realize that Daniel talked to you. A girl. Everyone knows that Daniel never talks to any girl! Then you punched Mandy in the face. She went to the emergency room afterwards. So I wouldn't be surprised if everyone started gossiping about you."

"Wait, Mandy went to the emergency room afterwards? Was it serious?"

I may hate Mandy with a burning passion but I definitely don't want her to be seriously injured. I could get suspended! Or expelled! I should have just held my temper... then maybe assassinated her afterwards...

"Nah. She's able to go to school tomorrow but, man, she is going to kill you with her army of whόres and bὶtches." I muttered a curse under my breath.

"Nikki, tell me what happened already. You're usually never violent when you're not Vixen. And why is Daniel even talking to you? Where did you go for the past hours? Shὶt, Nikki. I was afraid you were dead! I asked your dad to sleep over here so I could stay awake just in case you'd come back. Also so your dad could get some sleep. Seriously, he's been stressin' ever since the Armageddons tried to trick us."

I sighed deeply, "I know, Rach. I'm sorry. Ugh, I don't know why he's talking to me!" I answered honestly.

I seriously have no idea why Daniel is talking to me. I know he's Serpent but he doesn't know I'm Vixen. I guess I'm just lucky. Maybe I was destined to avenge my gang and family.

"Here, let me explain from the very beginning..."

So I told her everything except the fact that Daniel is Serpent. If I told her that... Well, the next second of my life will not end up very pretty.

"Wow." Rachel breathed out.

"Wow? That's all you have to say? He practically kidnapped me Rachel!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"You know, I think he likes you." She cooed.

I gawked at her. Daniel? Daniel Ricardo the school's bad boy and godfather of the Anvocs likes me? Daniel Ricardo as in Serpent? Daniel Ricardo as in the cockiest, most arrogant, over-weight gorilla to ever live on this planet? Yeaahhhhh. I don't think so.

"No. Don't even go there, Rach."

"Oh yes, we're going there." She pressed on eagerly and grinned like a Cheshire cat.

"You know, I should be asking the same thing about baby face." I snapped.

Rachel stiffened. She opened and closed her mouth like a gold fish due to her loss of words. She still thought I closed the baby face case? Na-uh, girl. I'm not gonna let that issue slip outta my hands that easily.