Chapter 1: Encounters

Chapter 1|Encounters

Nicole's POV:

We sat there eating in silence. Half of the people here are from a different mafia clan known as Armageddon. The other half are with me, the Angel of Chaos Mafia. In short, the ACM. The reason why the Armageddons are having dinner with one of the top Mafias in the city of Lockington is still a mystery to me.

"Why did you come to me? Why do I deserve your so called partnership?" My father asked the man sitting at the end of the table with his thick Italian accent.

"Because Al", he stared into my father with much intensity, "We know you and your clan are the best. You will find yourself more powerful and secure once we merge the Angels and Armageddons together."

"Is that so?" My father arched a brow and eyed him.

Something is off about them and it seems like I'm not the only one who noticed. I know for sure that my father isn't going to collaborate with them but why he invited them to have this useless conversation is beyond me. I adjusted my mask to get a better view of the man's chosen members to come tonight. They are seated at the left side of the table which is parallel to where the ACM are seated. They look nervous for some reason. It was as if fear took over them. Why are they so afraid?  I shifted my gaze to the Angels who are seated at the right side of the table with me. They seem just as confused as I was except for my dad. He was at the opposite end of the table and I was seated to his right. I know he knows something that the other members or I didn't know since he was smirking.

"Tell me, Robert..." My father stood up while the gang and I are at full alert, expecting and preparing for something to happen, "Tell me the real reason why you want this silly collaboration."

"What are you-"

"Don't fuck with me!" He roared and slammed his hands unto the wooden dining table, "I know everything, Robert. I know that you've been working with the Anvocs-"

Oh no they didn't! What kind of imbeciles are they? Everyone knows that in the Mafia world, the Anvocs and the Angels are lethal enemies. They are our rivals and we loathe them. Especially, my father. Words cannot describe the fury he is feeling right now, not even Shakespeare!

"-and you decide to betray me? I was hoping that you would have a change of heart and then we could reason together, Robert. What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? You fool." My father spat.

Robert's eyes widened for a fraction of a second then shouted to his clan, "Positions!"

And just like that, everyone was up and positioning themselves. The shuffling of feet can be heard, the chairs falling backwards from people standing too fast, the clicking of the safety button being turned off, some were even reloading their pistols quickly during the next 3 seconds. We were all silent and unmoving. My gun was pointed to one of the Armageddons in front of me and he did likewise. My dad had a Magnum handgun pointed to Robert and a Glock 19 was aimed at the balls of the man in front of me. I chuckled as the expression of the man slowly morphed from a smug look to a mommy-please-hold-me-i'm-scared look.

"Do you really want to know the reason why I'm here Alberto?" Robert broke the silence and smirked. "To spy on you and your precious little Vixen. She'll be the next one to die once we find her identity. She'll end up just like her br---"

And with that, a bullet went straight through his head. This is the part where all hell broke loose.

I shot the guy who is now on the floor groaning in agony. A hand squeezed my left shoulder and I took out the knife that I hid in the pocket of my jeans, ready to stab the person's eye but quickly stopped myself when I realized that it was just Rachel.