Author's Note

Hello everyone! I would like to apologise for not updating this story. It's probably been a year or more and I just feel so bad for disappearing. The reason why you haven't been able to view this story (even though if it is in your library) is because I set it to private so no one could see it. Some of my friends found out about some of my stories, and I guess I felt a bit embarrassed. But that is not why I deferred this story.

I just graduated high school last year in November. I was busy applying for universities and scholarships. After sending my applications, I played some online computer games while waiting for my placement and offers. I tend to play computer games when I have nothing else to do. So after a few weeks, I met lots of new online friends. But there was this one guy who kind of intrigued me. Mainly because he said weird shit and liked to fuck with me. I added him on Skype and we started talking. Then it went to video chatting. We eventually became quite close and I realised that I like him a lot. And by like, I mean more than a friend kind of way. I panicked at first. I didn't like how I was developing feelings for someone online. After around a month, he asked me out. And despite the fear that was lingering at the back of my head, I said yes. We were known as a couple in the gaming community. People said it was cute but they didn't think we would work out because of the distance. He lives two states away from where I live. I didn't think we would work out either but I thought that I should enjoy this while I can. Two months had passed since then, and I was starting university. I got a place in my communication degree. and an amazing scholarship. I was thrilled and excited because I am now taking one step further into becoming what I want. A journalist. University was a lot different to high school. I attended most of my lectures and I didn't find it boring at all. I enjoyed my time at University. I made friends and got to learn heaps about journalism.

Around the end of my first semester, I have saved up enough money to go see my online boyfriend. I bought my flight ticket and booked a room for two at a hotel over there. I didn't consult my parents beforehand because I was afraid they would make me cancel my flight.

It was now time for me to leave. It was 4 AM, my suitcase is packed and I was waiting for a bus I booked to drive me to the airport because I didn't have my full license or a car. My parents woke up and found me all dressed up, waiting outside. My father had this puzzled look on his face.

"Where are you going? Are you running away?" He asked.

"No, dad. Don't worry, I just need a break. I've been stressed lately and I booked a flight to Canberra with my friends. We've all worked it out and we're staying at a hotel for six days."

I lied to him. I wasn't that stressed. I wasn't going with friends. I knew I needed a break but not that badly. I just wanted to see my boyfriend. Believe it or not, I concluded that I loved the guy.

After ten minutes of waiting, my bus arrived. My father seemed worried about it since it would be my first time travelling without him or my family. I was worried too but, at the same time, excited. It felt like I was one of the main characters in a romance novel. The girl falls in love and travels to see her lover.

It took me four hours to get to the capital of Australia (if you didn't know, I live in Australia and Canberra is its capital). I told the taxi driver the address and I was on my way to his house. The whole trip, I couldn't stop thinking of how he would be like in person. Would he be any different? Would I act different around him in person instead of online? Will he like how I look? Am I too ugly for him? Do I have bad breath? I got so nervous that I started fidgeting around.

So apparently, it takes thirty minutes for someone to travel from the airport to his house. But to me, it felt like five. The taxi driver parked in the driveway of his house, and my heart started beating really fast. I felt like I was going to puke. After paying the driver, I looked up from my wallet to find myself staring at the cutest boy I have ever seen in my entire life. He had this goofy smile on his face and my heart just fluttered. He opened my door and gave me a warm hug. Out of nervousness, I said "Well, this is going to be awkward."