Chapter 13

~Taehyung pov~

I slowly woke up. The bell had just rung. I looked around. Everyone was packing up and leaving. I looked behind me. Jungkook had already left. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the board. It said 'Worksheet, due at the end of class, 60% of your grade'. I felt my heart drop at reading that. My grade is going to drop so bad. I looked down at the worksheet. I'm surprised to see that it's completed. I looked through all of it. Every question was answered. Every problem solved. I smiled. There was a note at the bottom that read,

'I didn't want you to get a bad grade and fail.'

-Jungkook

I softly smiled. I should apologize to Jungkook and thank him for the next time I see him. I stood and turned in my worksheet. I walked out of the class and to the lunchroom to eat.

As usual, I got my lunch and I walked over to the table I normally sit at. I sat down and quietly ate my lunch. I looked around the lunchroom. Jungkook and his friends weren't here yet. I shouldn't talk to him now. His friends don't want me around him. I don't want to cause any friction or drama between him and his friends.

I continued to quietly eat my lunch. I noticed that his friends started to come into the kitchen. Soon enough, they were all here. Jungkook still wasn't though. I kept looking for him. He never came to lunch.

Eventually, lunch was over. I got up and threw away my empty tray. For once I ate all my food, which is unusual. I walked out of the lunchroom and to the bathroom. I don't feel like going to my next class. It's math, I hate math. I'll happily fail that class.

I sat down on the bathroom floor and I got on my phone. Thankfully, my dad hasn't texted me today. He sometimes texts me during the day and it ruins my mood. I mean, I don't want to talk to him. I wish I could tell the cops about him, but he is a cop. He's corrupted one, but no one knows that. Besides, I don't want to tell and then get my mom killed. I don't want Jungkook to get hurt either. If my dad knew I cared about him, then he'd use it against me.

My dad uses a lot of blackmail and stuff. He uses stuff you care about and love to control you. It sucks because the only way to not let that happen is to not get attached to people. But, it makes you live a lonely life, which also sucks. I hate being alone. I'm not the one who chose this life, my dad did technically. He's fucked up my life. Most likely, if I were to go get help or something, they would take me too because I've been killing and stealing too. But then again, are there laws in place that stop all of that if you were forced? I haven't looked into it because my dad looks at my search history. Every kid in high school has to hide porn and shit from their parents, but my dad is the opposite. He wants me to watch it. He wants me to listen to depressive music. He wants me to be like him. He's made me drink, get high, do drugs and everything in-between. He says he likes me. But, he still wants to change one thing, my mindset. He wants me to be stronger. He has built me to be physically strong, but not mentally. He wasn't me to not hesitate when killing someone. He wants me to steal and not think about the person's feelings. He wants me to hurt people without having compassion. He wants me... to be exactly like him.

My thoughts were cut off when I heard the bell rang. I blinked. I've been sitting here, on the cold bathroom floor, thinking about my father. I didn't even notice that I'm shedding a few tears.

I wiped them away and stood. I walked out of the bathroom and to the gym. I changed into my gym clothes and I walked to the bleachers. I patiently waited for Jungkook. My heart filled with hope every time the gym door opened, but when the bell rang, I felt sad. He never came. I guess he left school early today, for whatever reason.