Chapter 6

~Jungkook pov~

"So, Jungkook, we have to get the project started, how do you want to do it?" Taehyung asked as we walked out of school. It's the end of the day.

"Wanna work on it at my house?" I asked.

"Sure, if you want." I said. I nodded.

"Want me to drive you?" I asked.

"Yea, I'm bad at directions so it's better for you to just take me there." He chuckled. I nodded. We walked to my car. He got in the passenger's seat while I got in the driver's seat. I began to drive to my house. Taehyung was looking around my car.

"You must be rich." He said. I gulped.

"I am... I don't like to tell people that... Sometimes, they see me as a petty rich kid, when that's not true at all. The reason I've never had any friends before from the old schools I've gone to is because everyone there is rich as well. They are greedy. They know if they are friends with another rich person, they may get more money. They take advantage of you. But, you guys aren't like that. That's why I'm so much more open here. It's also why I really like it here." I said.

"Thanks for telling me. You seemed a bit sensitive talking about that." Taehyung said. I nodded.

"I am. You see, most of my childhood was just wasted. I never had sleepovers and never had playdates or birthday parties like other kids." I said, stopping at a red light.

"Me either." Taehyung said. The light turned green and I continued to drive. I pulled into my driveway and parked the car. Taehyung looked at the house.

"Nice." He smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled. We walked inside and I led him to my room.

"Sir, would you and your friend like some snacks?" A maid asked. I looked at Taehyung. He nodded quickly. I chuckled. The maid bowed and walked away.

Taehyung and I walked into my room. He looked around while I sat my backpack down. I kicked my shoes off and looked at him. He did the same and continued to look at my room.

"Wow." He said. I smiled.

"Want to eat first or do the project or talk? What time do you plan on going home?" I asked.

"Eat first and I don't know yet." He replied. I nodded. I got on the bed and turned the tv on for some background noise. Taehyung sat down as well. The maid walked into the room and gave us snacks.

"Anything else Sir?" She asked. I shook my head. She bowed and left. Taehyung looked at the snacks. I chuckled.

"You wanted them, you can eat them." I said. He smiled and began to eat. I did as well.

"So, how was your day?" I asked.

"It was okay." He replied.

"You?" He asked.

"Annoying..." I said.

"What happened?" He asked.

"My friends... I guess they are friends. They irritated me today." I said.

"Oh, about me? They don't want you to hang out with me." Taehyung said, looking a little sad. I blinked.

"Y-you know?" I asked.

"I'm not dumb. I overheard the conversation in the library. And, I know you eves-dropped on me and Yoongi when we were talking the other day." Taehyung said, smirking. I blushed and looked down at the chips I was eating.