The Mystery Saga- Part two

Mystery POV 

Tonight I worked. He didn't always let me eat, and he didn't give me any money, so I worked after school, for about and hour and a half every other day. That was how I earned money to buy food and clothes and other things that I wanted. I just cleaned floors and washed dishes in a restaurant- not too different from what I did at home. Luckily, my boss and the other workers here (they were mostly adults. I suppose I'm almost an adult too?) liked me, and didn't give me too much work to do. They also seemed to understand that I had to be out of here as soon as the clock struck 4:00 every evening.  

It was harder today, though, because today, every bone in my body, every piece of me, ached. He had been gambling. He had taken his frustration at a lost bet and projected it onto all the bruises covering me today. Taking pity on me, some of the cooks washed their own dishes, and I was grateful, but getting on my knees to scrub the floor was torture. I took care to do it thoroughly, though, because sometimes I would get an extra dollar if I did a good job. 

I dragged myself home to an empty house. It was still clean from yesterday, so I was relieved that I didn't have to clean before he got home. I started making dinner, something quck and easy. I managed to fall asleep on the sofa for half an hour before he reached. He didn't find the house dirty, so I only had to clean his muddy footprints, but he still beat me. I didn't even try not to cry this time, I just let it happen. I think he beat me for an hour. When he was done, I went upstairs to wash the tears from my eyes, sew up a rip on my shirt, and try and get some sleep. But how does one sleep when their life is already a nightmare? I stared at the ceiling, as I usually did, and sang myself to sleep.

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn 

But that's alright because I like the way it hurts. 

Just gonna stand there and hear me cry 

But that's alright because I love the way you lie 

I love the way you lie... 

************************