The Mystery Saga- Part three

Mystery POV

I let myself collapse onto my bed. I was so tired. I hadn't got a chance to rest for the past few days. But right now... I was free. The house was clean, dinner was ready, and he was passed out drunk in his room. I had finished my homework earlier, and the sun was touching the horizon, turning the sky orange and pink and purple.

I could rest...

I woke up hearing someone moving around in my room. I didn't get up, or move, or betray in any way that I was awake. I cracked one eye open, to see that it was pitch black, the dead of night. I felt my bed sink, taking the weight of another person, and felt my heart sink right along with it.

"Sweetheart, wake up..." His singsong kind of voice. His nice voice. The one he used to use with me all the time, before he started drinking. I didn't know whether to answer now, before he got mean, or to stay still and hope he gave up and went away. I settled on opening my eyes. I didn't know what he was capble of anymore, and I didn't want to find out if he would hit me while I was sleeping. I looked up at him, and he shifted his position so that he was leaning over me, one knee on either side of my legs.

"You know what I want." He whispered, bringing his mouth close to my face. I could feel his breath on my face, smell it.

It smelled of lust.

I choked back a whimper, didn't let the fear show in my eyes. Sometimes he got like this, if he drank too much, I guess. I liked to blame everything on the booze. Then I could delude myself into thinking that maybe if he quit drinking, we could go back to normal. We could be happy again. But anyway, when he was like this, all you could do was keep your face as neutral as possible and hope it was over quickly.

I felt his rough hands grazing my skin. It wasn't gentle, no, not by any means. It hurt, on my already existing bruises. But I said nothing.

I simply squeezed my eyes shut, choked back the tears, and prayed to God that he would soon get tired.

***************