Spitballing

Mervyn POV

I was just finishing the shading of the drawing. Mikelah leaned over my shoulder. "That's nice." She commented. "Is it a real person?"

I nodded. "Name's... Serena, or... Right, her name's Savannah. She moved in somewhere around here recently."

Mik nodded, crossed her arms over her chest and sat herself very lightly on my leg. "She's pretty." She stared at the picture a bit longer, then turned to me. "How come you decided to draw her?"

I shrugged. "I dunno. A new subject. If I have to draw one more picture of the sea, I swear I'm giving up art forever." Mikelah rested her right elbow on her left hand, and her face in her right hand, and watched me for what seemed like forever.

Meggie stormed into my room and slammed the door, with a frustrated shriek. Mikelah fell with a yelp off my knee and straight onto the ground. It was at this point that Meggie realised that she hadn't knocked.

"...I interrupted something, didn't I?" She asked, but the apologetic look didn't mask her anger. Once I had helped Mikelah back to her feet, I turned my attention to Meggie.

"What's wrong?" I questioned. "And why did you decide to come over in your leotard?"

Meggie was, in fact, wearing her black gymnastics leotard. She let out a breath that sounded like a growl, and plonked herself down on the corner of my bed. "Stupid new girl in my gymnastics class. I don't know what I did to her, I've never even met the girl before, but do you know what she did? Do you know what she did?" Meggie raged. "She shot a spitball at me! She shot a freaking spitball at me when I was on the balance beam!" Her voice started rising. "I fell off! Do you know how long it's been since I fell off the balance beam? Never! And a spitball? What is she, in kindergarden? I swear, if she comes back there next week, I-"

I got off my chair and moved a closer to her. "Meggie, you need to calm down."

She glared at me, with a murderous glint in her eyes. "Calm down? I need to calm down? I'M COMPLETELY CALM!!!!"

I couldn't answer for a while. "I..." I stuttered. "I can... see that..." I took a huge step backwards.

Meggie folded her arms and puffed out her cheeks like a child. "Stupid, stupid, stupid Savannah..." she growled. Me and Mikelah looked at each other.

"Did you just say Savannah?" I asked. Meggie raised an eyebrow.

"What of it?"

Mikelah glanced at my sketch book. "It's not exactly a common name..." She pointed out.

"Do you guys know something that I don't?" Meggie asked. I started to flip through my book, looking for the right page.

"Would she happen to look something like this?" I held up the page. Meggie said nothing, but her expression fixed itself in a way that proved to me that I was right. The anger wiped off her face for a second, and was replaced by shock, and then suspicion. She glared at the picture, and then at me.

"How do you know her?" She demanded. I couldn't help but think that if someone were to walk into the room at this moment, they would think that Meggie was my girlfriend and not Mikelah. I couldn't keep back a grin, even though Meggie clenched her fists as I did it.

"Relax. We're not best friends or anything, I just met her a couple days ago. She was walking down the road and said hi."

"Oh." Meggie seemed appeased. She leaned back onto the bed and stretched her arms and legs up to the ceiling like a child, all traces of anger forgotten.

I'd never admit it, but sometimes Meggie scared me.

*************

AN: I think this was a semi-cute bit here, from Mervyn's perspective. I have no idea how to portray a boyfriend/girlfriend couple generally behaving (I've never had a boyfriend before ) so they came out like this. This is just my opinion, but I think Mik sounds a little like his wife. Which is still adorable.

Hey, I wanted to try that thing that popular authors do at the end of this story, where they interview the cast. But I don't think I'll get enough questions from you guys to do it successfully. My comments aren't exactly hitting the ceiling, but I guess that's my fault. I haven't been posting for a while. But anyway, enough of my rambling. If you have questions you want to ask them, send them in on the comment board. Now, back to the story!!!

(Hehe... I'm the only weirdo who'd do this smack in the middle of a chapter.)

*************

Hazel POV

We were at the beach. It was so much fun! I lived for days like this, where the sun and the breeze were just right. I was wearing my hottest bikini. It was fun to show off a little, especially when there were cute guys at the beach, which there were. I mean, I have a boyfriend, and I'd never dream of cheating on him, but the attention was nice.

"Hazel!" Meggie shouted, from a little way away in the water. "Get over here!" 

I swam over in time to get hit in the head with a beach ball. I wiped the saltwater from my eyes and glared at Meggie, who was trying to look innocent. That's how I knew it was her. She tries way too hard.

"Oops." she giggled. I fished the ball from the water ad threw it at her. I missed and hit Mervyn instead.

He tried to throw it back, and hit Cain. He threw it at Mikelah, just because he could.

And that's how we started our beach ball war.

*************

AN: TAA DAA!!!!!

I have a chapter done! Yay! I'm killing myself right now coz I can't seem to manage Hazel right... to really show you what she's like. And by the way, brace yourself... because there's gonna be some pretty interesting drama popping up soon. I've actually only recently decided exactly where I'm going with this.

Cassi <3

************