Chapter 27: The fight of my life

“Okay.” My chin rested on the asphalt outside what seemed like an abandoned warehouse.  Harry was flat on the ground next to me with a shot gun pointing towards the building. I laughed staring at the size difference between my sniper and his shot gun. I laughed under my breath before squinting at the windows trying to see if there was any visible movement through them. To my surprise two dark figures slowly walked the window, stopping in the centre to have a casual chat. Hang on, uh no to kiss apparently. “It’s now or never!” I finally whispered rolling onto my back and into the darkness of a nearby building.

Harry looked in my direction then stood up and ran for the warehouse. I looked at him in disbelief as he ran right through the wooden doors of the warehouse, and in. Standing in shock, I heard a few grunts and thuds each time making me wince as I hoped that that thud wasn’t Harry. Uncertain I slowly walked up to the door of the warehouse to see Harry standing in the middle of a circle of passed out ‘Yellow eyes’.

“WOW.” I murmured stepping over the bodies, grapping his arm and pulling him along behind me. He huffed, yanking his arm away from me and sprinting out in front of me up to the next door. His gun was tucked into the back of his pants lifting the back of his shirt. Revealing a tattoo across the bottom of his back ‘Alisa Shadows forever and always’ was written. I’d have to ask him when he got the tattoo, and it makes me wonder whether in return Alisa had one written for him somewhere on her body.

He glanced back at me quickly, before disappearing around the corner of the door. ‘THUD’, ‘THUD’, ‘CRASH’. Was all I could hear over the grunting from the other side of the door. I rounded it just in time to see Harry get thrown against the wall on the other side of the room. Without thinking I took out my hand gun from in my jeans, and shot Harry’s attacker in the back of the head.

The attacker fell to the ground in a slumped position, with Harry falling after him. I ran towards Harry before his head hit the cold, hard cement when a cold hand grabbed me by the collar of my black jumper. Throwing me along the floor, leaving half of my body’s skin left lying across where I slid.

When I looked up I recognised those yellow eyes out of every yellow eyes I had ever met. The ones that mixed with cat’s eyes whilst also remaining human. But by no stretch of the imagination was he human. My hands curled up next to my body as I tried to push myself into a better position to move towards Harry in.

“Hello Naomi.” A chilling voice echoed through the warehouse “About time we met, my name is Tom” He smiled rocking on his heels in an almost proud sort of way.

“Tom.” I laughed gripping the pillar next to me and hosting myself up. “My name is Jerry…”

He eyed me questiongly, as I began to laugh uncontrollably against the pillar, gripping my stomach as it ached with pain from the slide across the ground. “What do you mean?” He asked me slowly…

“Well you’ve been leading me on a cat and mouse chase for a while now…” I rubbed my sides as they continued to seize up. From Tom, the only response I got was a death glare followed by a low but deep growl, that snapped me back into the fact that I was in front of the one thing that knew everything about me before even I had worked it out.

“Why did you do all of this anyway? If you wanted me, why didn’t you just kill me right away?” I asked leaning my head against the wall.

“Because it wouldn’t have been half as much fun, we didn’t kill your sister first because we wanted to hurt her. No we killed her to hurt you to cut you off from the one family member that had meant something too you. When you were in that state, we could’ve made you believe anything. That was before you found love… you set us back.”

“That explains my family and all the threats to them… but why Harry and Alisa. You killed my best friend!” I screamed at him.

“That bomb was meant to kill both of them, with both of them gone you vulnerable both mentally and physically. This fight had to be just between you and us. You’re special Naomi…” He whispered in my ear.

“Special? How?” I moved uncomfortably away from his cold breath.

“You have powers that normal people don’t… I want them.” He smiled coldly again stepping back to look at me.

“I don’t know what you are talking about…?” And I really didn’t, the words coming out of his mouth made no sense to me.

“Ohh I know you don’t that’s why I’m taking it from you before you work out how to use it…” His hand extended out in front of him reaching for my forehead.

“NO! I screamed jumping back in surprise

“Too bad it is happening anyway…” His hand still reached out in front of him, towards me and my forehead.

“Stay away from me!” I growled rolling over my head, his hand reached right out so close to my nose that I could feel the cold coming off his skin. When something weird happened, his hand shredded up in front of my face, leaving bits of skin falling down in front of me. I jerked back as the rest of his body shredded up into many pieces, leaving a bloody mess in front of me.

“What the hell?” My hands ran up the wall, leaving cuts all over my hands. “What just happened?” My eyes scanned the floor around me, before I started running dodging the mess. Straight towards Harry who was still lying unconscious on the ground. I sprinted down next to him, and reached out to touch him. But pulled my hand back in afraid of what it would do to him if I touched him.

So instead I touched the dead ‘Yellow eye’ next to me, nothing happened. Relieved I shook Harry, his body slumped onto his back. Panicking again I grabbed his wrist checking fort a pulse, it was there still strong pulse. I sighed, going back to trying to wake him up. That was when his eyes blinked open and he stared at me. Those few moments it took for him to open his eyes, was all it took for me to scoop him up in my arms.

“You’re alive” I whispered into his ear.

“Of course I am! And why aren’t you fighting?” His voice was full of pain.

“Because we won.” I smiled, that was when he sat up and looked around at the room.

“What happened here?” He stared back at me.

"It's finally over now!" I laid my head down on the concrete, taking in the relief of me finally getting rid of the yellow eyes that had bothered me for so long.