Chapter 19: All falling into place

“Please Samuel; go to sleep it’s my wedding tomorrow. Plus you’re going to wake your sister.” I gently rub my sons head. He was born all of ten weeks ago, along with his sister Ella Rose.  Both of them have left me run down and tired, but the happiest and luckiest person in the world.

I wasn’t at home, no me and Niall have been separated from another for the night before our wedding. So we were each at a hotel on opposite ends of the city. With our own guards of friends and family making sure we don’t try and meet up. Although now I really wished I had allowed my cousin to take Ella and Samuel tonight, so I could sleep. It was now 2am and with only 4 hours sleep under my belt I knew I had it coming for me tomorrow when Danielle and Alisa catch a glimpse of the bags under my eyes.

Thankfully though Samuel and Ella will be taken for the day and entertained, so I won’t be seeing them until tomorrow night. Sam was finally starting to calm down so I carefully put him back in the cot, and went to the fridge. Eventually picking out the Chocolate mousse that was given to me earlier that day from Niall. Pulling it out of the fridge I realised that there was a note on the bottom.

“I’ve realised that the Chocolate Mousse’s have been disappearing overnight, so I thought you would need some tonight. Love you babe, see you tomorrow xxx”

‘Oh Niall’ I thought he knew me better than anyone else in this world. Truth is as soon as I have been woken up to feed one of the kids, I can’t seem to get back to sleep. That was until I realised that about half an hour after eating a chocolate mousse I fall back into a deep sleep. I really didn’t understand why, but so long as it got me through up until tomorrow night when I will be on my honeymoon then I’m happy.

I wander back into bed and pull out my laptop and switch on ‘Bridesmaids’. It wasn’t helping the uncontrollable nerves I was having about tomorrow, so I turned on ‘Grown Ups’.

I am woken again with the sound of laughter ringing through my apartment. I immediately recognise it as Alisa’s laugh. Soon answered with Danielle’s chatter on about how Liam had fallen out of bed last night. ‘Good one Liam’ I giggled to myself as I slowly sat up in my bed.

“Oh we didn’t mean to wake you.” Danielle said putting her hand on her chest. “Yet anyway” This was quickly answered with another round of Alisa laughing.

“That’s ok I needed to be up soon anyway.” My eyes found its way to the paper bags that both the girls were holding.

Danielle held hers up “Girl you got to eat today. So there is nothing better than I bit of a treat she said but you’ll have to wait because we have to put it together.”

“Two Croissants each, goat’s cheese and pastrami. Going all out today honey.” She ran over and kissed my cheek.

“Yum.” I sighed “So uh what’s on the agenda today?” I looked at both the girls.

“Well it’s off to get your nails done, and then you will come back for a shower. But don’t wash your hair the hairdresser’s will do that when we get there after shower and lunch. Then it is off to put on the make-up. Then it’s time for the dress!! I’m so excited to see it all on you. Then once you have done that then it is pre- wedding photos!” Danielle’s mouth moved at super speed. “Oh and I almost forgot Emily and Jade will be here today!”

“WOW!” I breathed “So umm when is Jade and Emily going to be here?”

“Well umm” Alisa said looking at the croissants. That’s when I started counting them, there were ten of them instead of the six that we needed. Holy Shit they were going to be here for breakfast! Obviously my face had shown that I realised what was happening because both Danielle and Alisa started laughing.

“What?” I asked

“Oh” Alisa was laughing so hard, but when she made a dumb founded face that then dawned into one of knowledge I realised what they were really laughing at. My facials.

“I feel so loved…” I crossed my arms, and swivelled in my chair.

“Sorry babe but it was a funny facial you had going.”

“Glad you find my blonde moments funny.”

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, making my head shoot towards it.

“Hellooooooooooo” A familiar chirpy voice sounded. It was Emily’s voice. “Are we going to leave me and Jade standing out here or we going to get to see our beautiful friend?” She laughed from the other side of the door.

“Naomi… you know me. If you do not open this door soon I will open it myself using the force of my foot. That will make contact with this expensive piece of wood, just so I can get a hug!” Obviously that was Jade, and it was clear that she hadn’t changed a bit. Still happy to threaten you, and if you didn’t know her well you’d think that she was just joking. But Jade never jokes and this is how she expresses her love for a friend.

“Coming!” I screamed running to the door “Don’t kick it down!” I laughed fiddling with the door knob trying to open it. When it finally opened, I found myself staring at Jade and Emily in the eyes. Both of them had the biggest grins on their faces.

“Finally!” Emily laughed pulling me into an embrace.

“I was starting to think that I may actually need to break down the door” Jade wiped her forehead to act as if she was relieved. Whereas on the inside she was probably cursing that she didn’t get to kick down the door.  I tipped my head back and laughed, waving my hands as if to tell them to enter.

So they did, thumping so loudly either Ella or Sam woke up. Both of them gave me apologetic looks as I ran over to the cots. To find it was Ella this time that was crying.

“Jezz you two are in the door two seconds and you already have the baby crying. Must be a new record.” Alisa laughed bringing them both into an embrace

“Sorry” they both said in unison

“It’s ok. I’m just glad you are all here with me today” I smiled at them as I rocked Ella in my arms. Realising how much support and love I had in this room. These girls would literally go to the ends of the earth for me, and I would do the exact same for them to.

It was now time to start this massively important day.