Before Sunset

Short chapter today, sorry. The next one will be longer.

     I got up before Klaus and took a shower. I got dressed in black leather skinny jeans, sleeved lace red shirt. To finish it off my red heeled boots and let my hair fall down naturally. I wrote a note to Klaus telling him I was going to the school to help clean up. I grabbed my phone and put it in my bra. I headed to the kitchen to get a blood bag. After drinking it, I left to the school to clean up. I walked in and saw Rebekah, cleaning.

"Hey, Bekah."

"Hey."

I started cleaning and Caroline walks in, seeing us. "Where's matt?" She asks.

"He bailed. Got called into work at the last minute." Rebekah tells us.

"Are you kidding me? So, it's just us?"

"Yes, and you're late. Clean up committee started at eight o'clock." I tell her.

"It's like 8:02."

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organised." Rebekah says and walks past Caroline to empty her trash.

"I'm sorry about your mom. I mean I know you like, hated her and everything, but still...I'm sorry." Caroline tells her.

"I'm sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy."

"Yeah. He was."

"We're going to start on the gym." I say and grab Bekahs hand. We walked into the hallway, Alaric comes around the corner and we stop walking. "You're suppose to be dead."

"I am!"

We rush at Alaric. He throws Rebekah to the ground and slams me to the lockers. Hes about to stab me with the white oak stake when Caroline rushes out of the cafeteria and pins Alaric to the locker. Rebekah grabs the stake, stabing Alaric with it. We look at each other as Alaric takes the stake out. I rush away but Alaric grabs me and I turn around, biting into his neck. He let's me go and I rush away. I met up with rebekah and we rushed to the mansion.

"Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me." I tell him as I pace back and forth, trying to control my wolf.

"Alaric Saltzman is suppose to be dead." Klaus say, looking at us.

"Well, explain his blood on my face." I say as I turn to face Klaus, showing him my bloody face. "I bit him, so he would let me go." Klaus walks up to me and hands me a towel so I can wipe my face. "Well, he's not and he's a vampire thanks to your mothers spell with a white oak stake that can't kill him. He's strong, Nik. Too strong." I tells him.

"Where is he now?"

"He's stuck at the school without a daylight ring, but as soon as night falls he'll come after us. We need to leave now." Rebekah says.

"Fine. I'll collect Elena, we'll be on our way." Klaus says.

"Forget Elena! You don't need any more stupid hybrids!" Rebekah yells.

"What I need is protection from Esther's continued assaults against us." Klaus tells Rebekah. I poured myself a drink.

"We'll protect each other, like we always have. Always and forever, Nik."

"I'm not leaving without her."

"I'm leaving now. You can either walk out that door with me or you are on your own." Klaus just looked at her saying nothing. "Fine. Trust your hybrids over your family. Let your spite be the death of you, see if I care." Rebekah walks out of the room, walking into Tyler on the way out. "Move it, sire boy!"