If You Could Let Me In

JD's POV

Veronica came back without Heather so I wasn't sure it it went well. "What happened?" I ask. "It went well. She had to go home though." She says. "I'm glad." I sigh in relief. She smiles softly and curls up beside me on the bed. "I'm so glad you're okay." She says quietly. "I am too." I pull her closer.

There was a knock at the door and the doctor came in, my mom following. "Hi, Jason. I'm Dr Holland." She smiles. Veronica sits up and moves to a chair beside me. "And who is this?" She asks, looking at Veronica. "Oh that's Jason's girlfriend, Veronica." My mom answers. "Well nice to meet you, Veronica." She nods. "So Jason, tell me about what happened." She sits down in the chair on the opposite side Veronica was on. "So Veronica and I were coming into school and this guy called her a slut so I told him off and he punched me so hard that I blacked out." I tell her. "Wow. Okay, so you do have a concussion... but the impact didn't cause extremely damage so you'll be fine." She says. I nod, glad to not have as bad of a concussion Veronica had both times she was here.

"That's great. So when can he leave?" My mom asks. "Two days. I'd like to monitor him for now to make sure he's alright." She tells my mom. "Is that okay?" Dr Holland asks me. I nod. "Okay! I will go run a few more tests." She rises from her chair and exits.

"So Mom... is it okay if Veronica comes to live with us again?" I ask. She looks at Veronica then back at me, a big smile on her face. "Of course!" She hugs Veronica. "Thank you, Jill." Veronica smiles. "You're always welcome at our house, Veronica." She says. Veronica's smile grows wider.

Veronica's POV

I left the room a few minutes later to call my dad to ask him to bring some things to the hospital. Thankfully he was nothing like my mother. He was a good guy. On the way, I bump into the doctor I had when I was in the hospital. "Oh, Dr Jacobs." I say. "Miss Sawyer, what're you doing here?" He seems nervous. "My boyfriend's a patient." I tell him. "His name's Jason, right?" I nod. "Who is his doctor?" Jacobs asks. "Dr Holland... I think her name was?" I respond. "Oh, she's a good doctor." He smiles. "Well, I should go." I say. "Good to see you." He says. "You too."

I go over to the phone on the wall. I dial my dad's office. "Hello, this is Victor Sawyer." My dad answers. "Hey Dad." I say. "Hey Ron. What's up?" I smile at the nickname. He'd called me Ron since I was 6. When I was 6, I asked him if my name would've been Ron if I was a boy. He said no, and I said: "Why not? I like that name." After that, he teased me by calling me Ron, but as I got older, it wasn't a teasing name anymore, it was just his nickname for me. "I was wondering if you could bring my stuff to the hospital?" I ask. "Are you moving out again?" He asks, sadly. "Yeah." I nod, though he obviously can't see me. He sighed before talking. "Your mom does love you." He says. "Sure." I roll my eyes. "She does." He insists. "Well, anyways. I gotta go, could you please bring my stuff?" I ask again. "Yes." He sighs. "Thanks. Love you." I hang up and go back to JD's room.

"Did he say yes?" JD asks. "Yeah." I say, sitting on the edge of his bed. "He's at work so it'll be a few hours." I tell him.

JD's POV

"I feel like this is my fault." She says. "No. It's not." I tell her. "If I had believed you, none of this would've happened. If I hadn't listened to the Heathers, that fight wouldn't have happened and my mom wouldn't have done all that she did. And I wouldn't have had to date Henry and he wouldn't have hurt you." She ranted. "Ronnie." I stop her. "This isn't your fault. You couldn't have known this would happen." I say. "I'm not good for you. I'm just holding you back." She says through watery eyes. "That's not true." I shake my head. "Yes it is. I've done nothing but cause harm to you." She said, looking away. "Ronnie." I sigh. I reach for her hand but she pulls away. "If you could let me in, I could be good with you." I say. She turns to look at me. "There's nobody better for me than you." I say, grabbing her hand before she has the chance to pull away. "I love you and you have done only good for me and I want to do the same for you." She smiles and hugs me. "I love you." She says. "I love you too." I say.