You Were Meant To Be Mine

JD's POV

The next day, I entered the cafeteria. "Hey, JD!" Heather comes up to me. "Hey." I say back. "Can I ask you something?" Oh God, please don't be what I think it is. "Yeah." I say. "Will you go out with me?" She blurts out. Dang it! "Heather, I already told you." I remind. "Come with me." She says softly. She takes me to the back of the school. "Heather, what's going on?" I ask. Heather explains the plan.

"She wants us to what?" My eyes widen. "She says it looks more realistic if we're together." She explains. "Are you sure you're not saying this is Veronica's idea so you can date me?" I ask. "Yes. Please. For Veronica?" She begs. "Okay." I agree. She smiles and starts to leave. "Wait." I stop her. "Huh?" She turns around. "Can you tell her I love her?" I ask. She simply smiles.

Heather M's POV

I meet Veronica in 7th period. "Hey." I sit beside her. "Hey, did he say yes?" She asks. "Yeah." I smile. "So how does this work?" I ask. "You two just have to act like me and him did and look cute." She says. "Wait- We don't have to kiss right?" I nervously ask. "No." She assures me. "So when do you want to meet at my house?" I ask her. That was a part of the plan. JD and I would "hang out" at my house and Veronica and I would "hang out" at the same time. "I think we need to wait a week. My mom will get suspicious if I'm already planning to hang out at a friend's." She says. "Okay. I'll tell him." I nod. "Oh! And he said to tell you that he loves you." I say. "Well I love him too." She smiles. We both laugh. I hated doing this because it felt like I was betraying the only person that was truly nice to me when I was with the Heathers.

1 Week Later

"Hey JD." I walk over to JD. "Hey," He smiles. He had gotten used to pretending to be my boyfriend. He still would rather to be with Veronica, but he was happy he could have me to talk to Veronica through. "So, are you coming to my house?" I ask, winking. "Yeah." He nods. "Great!" I give him a small hug just to make sure it was clear we were "dating."

He found me at the end of the day so we could drive to my house. My dad was out of town on a business deal, which was good for the plan. "So the guest room is upstairs, first door on the right." I tell him. He nods and starts to climb the stairs. "Oh! And if you two wanna... I'm okay with that." I say. He laughs and continues walking. It felt good helping my friends. Though I do really like JD as more than a friend, helping him be happy is way more important to me.

Veronica's POV

"Hey Mom?" I call from the living room. "Yes?" She answers. "Can I go to Heather's?" I ask. "Which one?" It shows how much she cares about me since she had to ask. "McNamara!" I say. "Sure! Be home for dinner!" She says. Yes! I drive to Heather's and park in the driveway. I knock on the door, excited to see JD without having to avoid him. Heather opens the door. "Hey," She smiles. "Hey." I walk inside. "He's in the guest room upstairs." She says. "Thanks." I walk upstairs, opening the door. JD was sitting on the bed. "JD!" I sigh, happy to see him. He looks up and smiles. I rush into his arms, embracing him. "God I've missed this." I say into his shoulder. "Me too." He laughs weakly. He pulls away and looks at me. "How long do you have?" He asks. "About 3 hours." I say. He smiles and kisses me.

We sit down. "How do want to spend these 3 hours?" I ask. "I don't know. Maybe..." He moves hair out of my face and kisses me. "Oh, that's what you want." I joke. "Do you...?" I laugh and kiss him.

I lay next to him, nuzzling my head into his chest. "God I can't wait to be able to see you all the time." JD laughs. "Well, we have a little less than 2 months until my mother can't legally control me." I say. "That's such a long time!" He complains. I look at the time. "I should get going." I start to get up. "Can't you ask your mom to stay later?" He grabs my hand. I smile and go to the phone. I ask her if I can spend the night. "Okay. That's fine." I hang up and turn to him. "She said yes." I smile. I get back in the bed with him. "You know... I liked you the first time I saw you." I say. "Really? You ran away from me pretty fast." He laughs. "Well, you were cute and I was nervous." I argue. "All that matters is that we're together now." I smile, bringing him in for a kiss. "I'm sorry my mom is doing this." I whisper against his lips. "I don't care about that. I only care about you."