Chapter 3 - Austin?

I was so excited to go on this trip I didn’t get any sleep last night. This would be the first time in 7 years that I have seen my cousin, well not counting skype. Gav was also excited although he hasn’t told his parents that he is going. I was so excited and tired last night that I fell asleep without telling my mum that I was going on this trip. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind I just hope she is supportive about this and trusts my judgement. She has never let me go anywhere without her so going to a foreign country to stay with my cousin and no parental figure is going to be a hard thing to convince my mum. It was 8.30am, I was going to be late for school if I didn’t hurry up and get my arse out of that door. I had Ms. Jade first period for art and she was grumpy in the morning. I swear her and Mr. Belford are a perfect match for each other.

“Everyone sit down in your seats” I had made it just in time to her class. Thank god otherwise I would have been in trouble if I got another detention and my mother would definitely not allow my trip. I have to plan something to get her in a good mood this afternoon so I know she will let me.

“… so Georgina, can you tell me the answer to number 5?” crap I dazed off again. I really need to stop doing that, it’s becoming a habit.

“ummm….” Out of the corner of my eye I see Christie trying to give me the answer. Her hand gesture were absolutely amazing. 

“A equals B over 2” Oh god I hope that was the correct answer. “very good Georgina but next time try not to have Ms. Christine give you the answer and to pay attention.” Crap I was so close to getting away with it.

As the day was drawing to a close I was starting to get extremely nervous as to what my mother would say about me going to Austin for a few weeks. I rushed home to tell my mum. I knew this was going to be hard but she has to let me go. Right? As I entered I decided to check my phone first and noticed a text from Gav, Ray and Christie. I decided to read Ray’s text first.

Ray: Hey cus did you ask your mum if it’s cool to come here. I thought about it and if you want to stay for longer you can. Luv ya cus, see ya soon.

I knew that before I read the other texts I should tell mum about the trip so I could at least reply to Ray first. This was nerve racking and I didn’t know what to say.

“Hey mum, can I talk to you.” I decided to start out saying.

“Sure honey, what’s up”

“Well you remember Ray, my cousin. Well he invited Gav and I to go see him in Austin and I umm… well I umm… well I wanted to know if it was okay for me to go over there for a few weeks to see him and go see his new work and yeah.” I knew this was going to be the hard part for my mum and it was going to be hard for me as well cause that would mean spending a fair bit of time away from home.

“Yes, of course you can go. Why wouldn’t you be able to? If it is soon though I am not sure. We would have to save up some money for you to go over there and are Gavin’s parents okay with this?”

“We don’t need to save money because Ray already bought tickets and said he will pay for everything although I will still take some of my own money so I am not scabbing. I don’t know if Gav’s parents are cool with it yet. I’ll have to text him. Thank you so so so so much mum. This means the world to me.”

I ran back to my phone more excited than ever as I texted back Ray.

To Ray: Mum said I can come I am so happy. I will have to see if Gav can but he probably would be able to. Thank you so much for paying. I love you so much cus, Cya soon xoxo.

Now was the time to see if Gav could join us. I just hope his parent’s will allow him. I read his text and was filled with joy.

Gav: Guess who is going to Austin with his favourite girl?

I immediately started jumping up and down. We were going to Austin, Texas and I got to see my cousin for the first time in 7 years.