:Chapter Eighteen:

“So, your boyfriend and I barely got to talk today.” Isabel hummed nonchalantly, glancing at me out of the corner of my eye to see my reaction.

                I was confused on the inside, but kept my poker face on the inside. It wasn’t until a few seconds later that I remembered Harry and I were fake dating in front of her to make her jealous, which made me wonder why she was talking about him so highly earlier if she thought we were dating. So, I looked at her and asked her.

                “Why were you trying to get his attention when you know he’s dating me?” I asked her, completely serious and annoyed.

                She smirked slightly. “I was just kidding Fawn, geez. Take a joke.”

                My eyes narrowed slightly. “Sure.”

                “Niall’s pretty cute,” Isabel said out loud, and I know now she was just speaking whatever came to her mind. “Liam’s a little too nice for me, but Zayn has that whole bad boy vibe going on.”

                None of them want to date you. “Liam and Zayn both have girlfriends.”

                She rolled her eyes. “So?”

                I clenched my fist on my lap, wishing her father would come pick her up already. She had invited herself back to my hotel room after our day with the guys, and now she was waiting for him to arrive – but it had already been fifteen minutes. Hopefully he’d get here soon, because I don’t know how much more of Isabel I could take.

                “Nothing,” I said, letting it go as I looked out the lobby glass windows, hoping to see his new car pull up – but nothing happened. “Are you sure your dad’s coming?”

                “Obviously,” Isabel sneered, and then I just wanted nothing more than to slap her.

                My phone rang, and I looked down at it to see Harry’s name lighting up the screen, so I picked it up and answered immediately. “Hey, curls.”

                On the other side of the phone, he said, “That was quick.”

                “I’m just speedy,” I countered. “What’s up?”

                “Do you want to go to a wedding with me tomorrow? It’s my mum’s friend and she’s dragging me along…” Harry asked hesitantly, and I smiled.

                Isabel was watching me intently, probably wondering what was happening, who it was, and why I answered. Honestly? I just wanted anything that took my mind off of her and her rudeness towards me and towards others – she needed to just go back to the states so I could never see her again. I was getting easily tired of how fake she acted.

                But this was Harry now, and I was smiling when I teased him, “Am I your date?”

                I could hear the smirk as he said cheekily, “If you want to be.”

                “Then yes, I’ll go to the wedding with you. But I have to go for now, so text me about the details later. Bye, Harry.”

                He said smoothly, “Talk to you later, beautiful.”

                I rolled my eyes and hung up, looking up to see her eyes narrowed at me almost accusatory as she said, “Oh, that was Harry? What did he want? It was a pretty short conversation, if you ask me.”