:Chapter Eleven:

I’ll admit it… I kind of fangirl-ed. I mean, who wouldn’t? I was in the same studio as world famous boy band One Direction as they started to record their unheard-to-the-public second album. The songs were amazing, and their voices were great. I couldn’t believe that I was even here, nor could I process the fact that I was good enough friends with the boys that they trusted me to hear their new music.

                “Hey, Fawn,” Harry called after a song, taking the headphone off his ear and looking through the glass. “How about you come in here for this next song?”

                My eyes widened and I looked around the room at the producers and musical technicians as I said slowly, “Am I even allowed to do that?”

                They nodded.

                Harry nodded.

                Looks like I’ll be going in. Getting up, I walked towards the entrance of the main recording room, slipping inside to see all five boys watching me with smiles. Niall, though, decided to frown down at his stomach.

                Sadly, he muttered, “I’m hungry.”

                I grinned as Liam patted his shoulder. “When aren’t you hungry, lad? We’ll get you something to eat when we’re done here.”

                Niall sighed and nodded, and then someone walked in with a stool. I looked at Harry and he nodded towards the stool, which had been placed beside his microphone. As I walked over and sat down on the stool, I wondered why I had come in – after all, I had been keeping myself occupied outside… I was so not restless.

                “What song are you guys singing now?” I asked, looking up at them.

                Harry smirked. “We’re done recording. Now we’re just singing our favorite song from X-Factor and thinking about putting it on the album.”

                I nodded, smiling. “That’s so cool! Which song is it?”

                Zayn nodded to the sound crew outside the studio, and I heard music start to play in their headphones. I bit my lip and started looking down the line of boys, catching Louis’ eye at the end of the line as he grinned and nodded at me.

                “I thought I saw a girl brought to life… she was warm, she came around, she was dignified, she showed me what it was to cry! But you couldn’t be that girl I adored, don’t seem to know, or seem to care, what your heart is for. But I don’t know her anymore.” Liam sang.

                Harry looked at me with a smirk as he sang, “There’s nothing left, I used to cry, my conversation has run dry. That’s what’s going on. Nothings fine I’m torn.”

                All the boys sang the next chorus of Torn, but I was trapped in Harry’s never ending green eyed gaze. He kept our gaze locked as he sang the chorus, sang his parts, and even when he wasn’t singing at all. My heart fluttered in my chest and I felt butterflies roam around in my stomach, making me excited and nervous all at the same time for an unknown reason.

                When they were finally done, I blinked, realizing I had been starring at Harry the entire time as I bit my lip and looked away. A small blush was rising on my cheeks by this point, but luckily none of the guys noticed – instead, they were already conversing with each other over that song and whether or not to put it on the album.