:Chapter Fourteen:

I rummaged through my locker, throwing textbooks that I needed to use for homework in my backpack and a few binders as well. I had a minimal amount of homework considering I finished the rest in Study Hall earlier, but I was also being distracted by Niall and Harry, so I could’ve wrote down things that didn’t even make sense.

                When I shut my locker, I was displeased to see Jasper was leaning up against the one beside mine, obviously waiting for me. I sighed, turning away from him and beginning to walk down the near empty corridor. Effortlessly, the boy caught up to me and started walking beside me, slinging a heavy arm over my shoulders.

                “You, me, a date tonight. What do you think?” Jasper said coolly, looking down at me with a smirk.

                I shook my head. “I think that sounds awful.”

                “You can’t resist my charm forever,” Jasper said, full of arrogance and cockiness.

                “I have a date tonight already.” I told him truthfully.

                “Blow him off. I’ll take you to get a bite and then we can go back to my place and have some fun, if you know what I mean, babe.” Jasper said, pinching my butt with his free hand.

                I jumped, turning around and pushing him in the chest. “Stop that.”

                Apparently, that just turned him on more, because a fire ignited in his eyes as his smirk grew wider. He looked at me and I knew that I shouldn’t be here – that even though he was supposedly harmless, he still wanted me one hundred percent more than I wanted him.

                “Feisty, how kinky.” Jasper winked at me.

                We reached the end of the corridor by then and I could see Harry waiting for me by his car. So, I turned to the guy that I hated to see and sighed.

                “Stop trying, okay? The answer is, and always will be, no.” I said one last time.

                And then I walked away from  him, through the parking lot, and towards Harry Styles. He saw me approach and smiled, but Niall groaned from the other side of the car. I rolled my eyes at their differing personalities – usually, Harry was the impatient one, but it seems he changed for today. And it was Thursday; Harry hated Thursdays on school days.

                “Why is Jasper staring at you?” Harry said, his smile dropping as he glared over my shoulder, probably at said relentless guy.

                I sighed, “He tried asking me out again. Seriously, he doesn’t know when to stop.”

                Harry nodded, forcing himself to look at me. “So, what do you want to do? I was thinking we could go to the cinema or–”

                I cut him off, “Curls – I have a date tonight. With Logan.”

                He stopped talking, and something flashed through his eyes that looked like jealousy. But, as quickly as it was there, it was gone, and I momentarily wondered if I was just awful at reading people. I used to be good at being able to tell what they were thinking, but Harry always seemed to prove me and my ideas wrong.

                Harry nodded, and then said, “Oh, okay.”

                Like that, his mood turned around and he opened the door, slipped in, and then shut it. I hesitated before opening the back car door, seeing him grip the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles were beginning to take a shade of white. Once everyone was in the car, Niall turned on the radio, and we didn’t talk.