Chapter 4

Meera's p.o.v.

I step on the porch of our old house and the floor sqeaked as I stepped on it.

It was 12:34 a.m. I had been out late at school with some guy getting answers to a test then I had to walk home which took longer than usual, then ran into Jennifer and her 'slut sqaud' and, lets just say I got covered in red paintballs. And being the embarresing bitches they are they took a picture of me.I was late, it was late. I would be in trouble.

I slowly opened the door and to surprise, it was unlocked? I walked in to see my mom sitting on the couch smoking a ciggerate with Brad.

As I walk In their both staring dead at me.

"And where In the hell have you been?"Brad asks throwing his cigeratte on the ground and stepping on it(yes we were inside).

"I was busy"I calmly say.

"Busy doin' what? Fucking some boys, sleeping with em'?? You little slut!!"He yells getting closer to me.

"No I wasn't!! I was getting homework help!!"I yell in my defense.

"Look at her Reeta(meer's mom)! Thats code for sex cause your a little slut! And it's probably with the little blonde haired faggot shes always with!! Well I'll tell you one thing,were not raising no damn child in my house!"he says smirking then lighting another cigeratte.

"I'm not sleeping with anybody and it dosen't matter if I had a kid cause I sure as hell wouldn't have you raise it, when you can't even raise your own child anyways!"I yell then glare over at my mom who is blowing cigeratte smoke out of her mouth.

Then Brad goes and slaps me in the face. I turn around and try to go up the stairs then he grabs me by my waist. He throws me up against the wall and my head hits a chair behind me. I yell out in pain. I'm on tbe floor now and Brad puts his foot down on my chest and is holding me down.It's hard for me to breathe.

"Don't you ever!! Disrespect me and your ever again!!"He yells in my face.

"Mom!"I barely get out.

My mom just stands there. Her face emotionless. Not stop him or fighting him back. She stands there, watching me, smoke puffs escape her mouth.

"Do you or do you not understand the words coming out of my mouth!!!"He yells.His breath the smell of acohol and tobacco.

I nodd my head yes.

"Answer me!!"He yells back.

"Y, y, yes"i say as best as I can. I mean he's on top of me so it's hard to breathe.

He finally gets up off me and lets me stand up. I look over at my mom who goes back in the living room and turns on the tv as if nothing happend.

"Now go up stairs! I'm tired of looking at ya'!!"Brad yells back as he grabs a beer.

I rush up stairs trying hard not to cry. I go in my room then shut and lock the door. I grab my phone and text Luke.

Meer: Hey U up?

12:52 a.m.

Luke:yeah Y??

12:54 a.m.

Meer: I need 2 come over

12:55 a.m.

Luke: Kay

12:56 a.m.

I grab a bag and put a shirt and a pair of jeans as well as my wallet. And open the window slowly and climb out. I use the bricks on the side of the house to help me get down. Finally I jump onto the ground and start running down the street.

-20 MINUTES LATER-

I go to the around the back of Luke's house where his room his and quietly knock on his window. Luke sees me and opens it.

"Hey"he says with a smile.

"Hey"I quietly say.

"Soooo, whats up? Why you here so late? I mean it's fine and everything-"Like says closing the window.

He gets cut off by me coming up and hugging him then, by me quietly crying.

"Whats wrong? Meer, tell me what happend"Luke says hugging back then sitting me on his bed.

*I tell him what happens*

He hugs me again.

"Meer I am so sorry but, why don't you need to tell someone"He says.

I shake my head no.

"Well then you need to stay away from your house. You should stay here. My dad has left for the week for hunting and you know he dosen't mind you staying here"Luke says comforting me.

I look up at Luke. "Okay"I say.

Luke takes his finger and wipes away my tears.

"I need you to not cry cause I don't like too see you cry" Luke says.

"Kay"I quietly say.

"I'm gonna go get some blankets for you and I'll let you sleep on the bed, okay?"Luke asks.

I nodd my head in response.