Chapter 2

Meera (m-EAR-AH)'s p.o.v.

(Meera's outfit on the side)

I slide on my black converse, grab my backpack, and run downstairs.

I run into the kitchen for food. I put one strap of my backpack over my arm and open the fridge.

Knowing that theres already nothing in the fridge I look anyways.

"Hey mom, we have no milk left, or food.."I holler through out the house.

"Well then I guess your skinny ass is gonna have to starve"I hear my mom's boyfriend Brad say as he lights a cigerrate.

"You know, mabey nobody wants to date you cause your too skinny. Like men these days like thick, and you my friend look like a damn pale ass walking stick"he says laughing and taking another puff of his smoke.

It urges me when he makes fun of my weight. I can't change it and I've tried to many times and he finds it just as a joke rather than something serious.

I sigh and roll my eyes while closing the fridge.

"And that right there will get your ass in trouble around here. Don't roll your eyes and cop an attitude with me you little slut! Now take your ass to school so you don't end up like your piece of shit mom"He yells.

"Don't tell me what to do! You are not my father!"I yell back.

"You listen to me you little tramp.I may not be your shitty dead ass father but this, is my house. I pay the bills and pay for the things in this house, don't you dare raise your voice at me again and I will beat your sorry little ass"he says blowing the smoke out of his mouth and into my face.

"Now take your little ungrateful ass out of my house and to school"he says than walks in the livingroom,picking up the remote and flipping through the channels on the tv.

I glare at him as he leaves.

He always talks about my dad who passed 3 years ago and it pisses me off.

I stomp through the house and walk out the front door. As I walk out the door everything changes and nothing really matters anymore.

I look to see my phone has 2 text messages from my best friend.

"Hey come meet me by the tree out front asap"

"And bring the oreos :)"

I smile at the texts and start walking to school.

Luke's p.o.v.

I've been sitting here for 35 minutes. I wonder where Meer is? I know she walks to school but she's usually here by now. I hope her mom's boyfriend isn't giving her any trouble.

I've known Meera for 6 years(since 7th grade) and it just kinda worries me about what goes on at her house. I've offered her things and help but she never takes them. I want her to get help from someone but she dosen't want it. And after all she's done and how things around her have resulted, It amazes me how she stays positive and happy.

I pick up twigs off the ground and roll them between my fingers as I sit down by the tree, waiting for Meera.

The bell rings.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Then the final bell rings.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I then sit up as I see a familar brunnet rush over to the tree.

I smile.

"Well your 45 minutes late" I say then smirk.

"Sorry. My mom's boyfriend again", she sighs then hands me a pack of oreos.

I take them and open the pack.

"You know Meer I think you should tell someone"I say.

"No Luke. I've told you about this. He pays our bills and my mom dosen't work anymore and we're screwed if he leaves us"she says sitting down next to me.

"Then you can come live with me I mean it's just me and my dad but there's an extra bedroom and, I've almost got enough money to get my own apartment"I offer.

"Thats sounds nice but, no thanks" she says shyly.

"Okay, but let me know when you change your mind" I say and she giggles.

"Were late"I say as I turn and look at her.

"Yeah, I guess we are"she says looking at the time on her phone.

"You wanna skip?"I say smirking at her.

"Lets do it" she says back and smirks.

___