Chapter 10

Camielle Erikson awoke to dim sunlight, confused. "Why aren't the windows open? I could have sworn-" In a flash, the memories came flooding back and she choked back a sob. She had dressed in fresh clothes last night-or was it this morning?-in a rose pink nightgown. This one had three inch sleeves and was made from plain cotton and dropped near mid-calf. It was simple, light and thankfully, concealing. Footsteps echoed in the hall bringing along the smell of food. Camielle sat stiffly as Shane entered her prison. On a small, thin metal tray sat a half glass of milk and a small bowl of oatmeal. He placed it on the edge of the table and left. The lock slid home behind him. Hesitating, Cam waited an extra moment and allowed the footsteps to fade. Suddenly ravenous, she attacked the food. It was slightly cold and very mushy but Cam's taste-buds rejoiced in delight. Her stomach growled in pleasure. Leaving only remnants of milk in both glass and bowl, she sat back, stuffed and sleepy. Just as she began to drift, Shane ambled through the hall once more. He opened the door and peered in.

"Let's go. There's clothing in the bathroom. You can shower and change."

She complied. He shoved her into the tiny bathroom and slammed the door. Camielle reached into the shower and turned on the water. Waiting for the water to warm, Cam stripped down and stared at her reflection in the dirty mirror. 

+++++++++

A half hour later, Cam stepped into fresh clothes. She used the edge of the towel to wipe off the mirror. A nervous fluttering feeling entered her stomach and Cam cringed. "Why am I so on edge right now? I'm fine." She thought. A hand came from behind and glued itself to her mouth. She let out scream and flailed her arms. Shane brought his right hand down fast. Within seconds, Cam was unconscious. He dropped her limp body to the tile floor.

"Sorry doll... But we have to move." Shane shifted into a squat and yanked the syringe from her chest.