Part 28

~Ishita's Hospital Room~

Raman cautiously entered and closed the door behind him. Ishita looked the same as the last time he had seen her, pale and delicate. He made his way over to her bed and had a seat in the chair beside her. "Ishita ." he breathed out as he took her hand in his. "I thought I was going to lose you." he confessed. "I don't know what I would have done without you. There's no way I could have raised our children all on my own."

He gently stroked her long, dark hair. "Dr. Sharma said that you're going to wake up soon and that if I talked to you that it would help." he told her. "Our son in the nursery with his proud grandparents and he's the most amazing baby, Ishita . He's very healthy... I can't wait until you hold him, it's the most incredible feeling in the entire world to look down at the little face that you helped create and to have him look back up at you."

Raman placed a kiss to the back of her hand. "Ishita " he said softly as he closed his eyes. "I love you." Ishita gently squeezed his hand causing his eyes to fly open. "Ishita "

"Raman ." she said groggily as she focused her eyes on him. "What happened ?

"Do you know where you are?" he asked

"I just need a minute." she told him. "Everything's a little fuzzy."

"One of the nurse's brought this to me." Raman said, holding up her Ring . "Would you like me to put it back on?"

Ishita smiled weakly. "Yes, please." she answered.

Raman slid the ring down on her finger. "That's much better." he said as he placed a kiss over the ring. "I thought I was going to lose you."

"Never." she assured him.

"You promise?" he asked.

"Pakka." she said softly. "I love you."

He kissed her lips softly. "I love you, too."

She held his hand tightly in hers. "Where's Baby ?"

"He's in the nursery." he replied. " The Family is with him. Would you like to see him?"

"Yes, more than anything in the world." she answered. "But first I want to know what happened."

"You hemorrhaged." he told her. "But Dr. Sharms and Dr. Choprs were able to get it under control in the OR."

"The OR?!" she asked. "Oh, Raman , they didn't have to..."

"No." he interjected. "Everything's fine now." he assured her as he gently caressed her cheek. "You're fine and we have a beautiful, healthy son who has been waiting to see his Mamma ."

"I can't wait to hold him."

Raman placed a kiss on her hand and then let it go. "I'll go get him." he said. "I have to stop by the nurse's station first to let them know you're awake."

~ Hospital Nursery ~

Mihika gently cradled the Baby in her arms, rocking him gently whilst humming a lullaby. The idea of being a Mother excited her and holding Raman and Ishita 's baby only cemented her desire for motherhood even more. She wanted more than anything to have a child of her own. Someone to love and nurture and watch grow up before her eyes.

Romi knocked softly on the doorway trying to get Mihika's attention. "Hey." he said softly.

She smiled as she looked up at him. "Hey."

"How's Bhabi ?" he asked.

"She's fine." she replied. "Raman 's with her now. Did Simmi tell Adi and Ruhi about what happened?"