Part 2

"You're going to have a baby." Vandita said simply. "Raman 's baby."

Ishita raised her head off of Vandu 's shoulder. "You make it sound so simple."

"Because it is." she replied. "You're not thinking of..."

"No!" Ishita interjected. "I want the baby. I want it more than I've ever wanted anything. This child is a miracle I never expected"

Vandu smiled. "Then it is that simple."

Ishita sighed heavily. "Raman , is in the U.S.A for business. I do not want to tell him this news on the phone. We never talked about this night. He pretended that night had never happened. "

"Ishu." Vandu said softly. "There has been this night, and the evidence grows in you. Raman will be back and will have to face the fact"

"It's been four weeks." she pointed out. "What if he just won't accept the truth?"

"He'll come home and he will accept the truth. " Vandu promised her. "Now, let's get you into some dry clothes."

"I really should get home.Ruhi is at home alone"

"You're not going anywhere tonight.I'll call Mihika and tell her to bring Ruhi to the Bhalla house." she told her. "You're going to stay right here and I won't take No for an answer. "

"But Akka, So much effort in the middle of the night." said Ishita

"Do not worry, Mihika will take care of Ruhi."

She lead Ishita to the guest room and quickly found her something to change into. Vandu was turning the blankets down on the bed as Ishita walked into the
room. "Are you alright?" Vandu asked.

"I'll be fine.... Ruhi?"

"I talked to Mihika, she's with Ruhi, everything's fine. What you need is a good night's rest." she told her. "Come on, get in."

Ishita crossed the room and slid into bed. "Thank you."

"Can I get you anything?" she asked as she pulled the blankets up around Ishita .

"Could you stay with me?" she asked.

Of course." Vandu walked around to the opposite side of the bed and climbed in beside her. "Everything's going to be alright."
she promised. "You always have me."

"Good." she replied. "Because I'm going to need you now more than ever."

~ The Next Afternoon ~

Vandu glanced up to see Ishita enter the living room. "Well, you're finally up." she smiled. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes." she replied.

Well, you look refreshed." she told her. "Would you like something to eat? Some toast or some fruit or..." she trailed off as she watched Ishita turn pale. "What's the matter, Ishu?"

"Akka , I love you, but if you mention food again I'm going to have to kill you." Ishita said half seriously, half jokingly as she sat down beside her on the sofa.

"Morning sickness?"

"Morning. Afternoon. Evening." Ishita replied. "I've experienced it all."

"It's suppose to get better after the first three months. You're halfway there."

"January seems like such a long way away." she sighed. "It's going to be the longest seven and a half months of my life."

"And the sweetest."

"What am I going to tell everyone?" Ishita asked. "And Ruhi , what am I suppose to tell her?"

Well, when you're ready I think Ruhi is old enough to know the truth." Vandu told her. "And as for everyone else, who cares what they think. This isn't about them, it's about you and Raman and the only thing you need to worry about is that baby."