Chapter 49 - Pushing Away The Anger

Warning for fragile hearts. 

Expect the not so expected.

Shivaay sat dejectedly on the couch. The bottle in his hand more than half empty. He was staring at the clock. He hated it when she made him wait. His heart burning in agony. He had never been so mad at her. 

He turned sideways seeing a figure appear. There she was. She looked at his disheveled state. Anger rose. What was wrong with him? He had never been so before. What was the matter with him? He had left her at the hospital at past twelve in the midnight. She couldn't believe it. Her heart had almost forgotten to beat when she couldn't find him anywhere. Thankfully the driver informed that he was asked to pick her up by her husband. 

She stared at him. Hair messed up, shirt creased, but his eyes they seemed to be unaffected by the alcohol. They were piercing into her. She was torn into two yet again. A part of her wanting to hug him and the other wanting to stay mad at him. 

Things had never been so difficult for them. He walked up to her and she stared at him with angry eyes. 

"You came?" 

"What's this nonsense, Shivaay?"

"Nonsense? This isn't nonsense Anika. This is what our life has come to." His tone was icy.

She stared at him without batting an eyelid. His accusing tone, his eyes holding her guilty made her more mad at him.

"I never thought we....you and me..will be...here." He spoke taking breaks, due to both anger and alcohol.

"Shivaay. You are drunk. We'll talk when you are sober." She said looking at him painfully. God why was he doing this to himself!

"I am freaking in my mind. You know why I had to have this?" He said lifting the bottle. 

"To have something to blame – for this burning here!" He said pointing to his chest. 

Anika's heart began to tremble. She had never before seen him so. For the first ever time in her marriage, she felt fear grip her despite of him being there. She quickly composed herself. He was not in his sanest mind. It was his insecurity making him do this. She had to battle those insecurities not fight him. She tried calming her nerves. Too much had happened for her to digest.

She took the bottle from his hand and placed it on the table. She held his arm, and moved him towards the bed. His scent mixed with that of alcohol hitting her nostrils. 

"Anika I need to talk. You wanted me to talk right. I will talk. You have to listen. " he said stepping away from her. 

She stared at him. Her heartbreaking to see him like that. "I am listening." She managed to say with great difficulty.

"I can't. See.you.with.another. man. never!" He came close as he spoke every word. His eyes moving to and fro between her eyes and lips.